Week 2: VIKINGS (1-0) at Packers (1-0)

swede700

Who will have the most receiving yards?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who will have the most receiving yards?

• Stefon Diggs
    • Davante Adams
    • Adam Thielen
    • Randall Cobb
    • Dalvin Cook
    • Geronimo Allison
    • Kyle Rudolph
    • Ty Montgomery
    • Jimmy Graham
    • Other (Post name in thread)

40 minutes ago, Klomp said:

Already started his throwing motion. What did the shot to Diggs look like when Cousins was still deciding who to pass to?

I went back and watched it, wish I knew how to make my own .gifs, but he seems to be open towards the sidelines the whole way.

Looks like it would have been a similar throw that Cousins over threw earlier to Thielen. 

18 minutes ago, swede700 said:

02-FOX-V2.png

Red: Vikings-Packers

Blue: Eagles-Bucs

Yellow: Browns-Saints

Lt Blue: Panthers-Falcons

Green: Lions-49ers

Orange: Cardinals-Rams

Link to Map is on Page 1.

Kansas City desperate for some Rams action? Or do some of those orange pockets signify markets trying to find the least palatable matchup to go opposite the CBS early game?

1 minute ago, Klomp said:

Kansas City desperate for some Rams action?

Must be those 5 people from KC that ever followed the Rams in St. Louis.  It's really nonsense...even when the Rams were in St. Louis I still think there were more Cowboys/Vikings/Packers fans here than there ever were Rams fans.

22 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Must be those 5 people from KC that ever followed the Rams in St. Louis.  It's really nonsense...even when the Rams were in St. Louis I still think there were more Cowboys/Vikings/Packers fans here than there ever were Rams fans.

I edited my post. I wonder if some of those orange pockets signify markets trying to find the least palatable matchup to go opposite the CBS early game (Chiefs in your case), or that they know the Rams game will get horrible ratings if only carried in LA and Arizona??

11 minutes ago, Klomp said:

I edited my post. I wonder if some of those orange pockets signify markets trying to find the least palatable matchup to go opposite the CBS early game (Chiefs in your case), or that they know the Rams game will get horrible ratings if only carried in LA and Arizona??

That's what it is. Just dawned on me that the Rams are the late window. When CBS has the doubleheader and FOX carries a single game, if a local team has the early game on the doubleheader network, the opposite network will take the late game for their single game. In KC, it's the Rams game or Detroit-SF.

Look at the random markets that have the Rams game: HOU, KC, TEN, IND, PIT, DC, BUF, NYC, MIA. Now look at the teams in the CBS doubleheader: Chiefs, Steelers, Dolphins, Jets, Texans, Titans, Colts, Redskins, Chargers, Bills.

1 hour ago, Klomp said:

That's what it is. Just dawned on me that the Rams are the late window. When CBS has the doubleheader and FOX carries a single game, if a local team has the early game on the doubleheader network, the opposite network will take the late game for their single game. In KC, it's the Rams game or Detroit-SF.

Look at the random markets that have the Rams game: HOU, KC, TEN, IND, PIT, DC, BUF, NYC, MIA. Now look at the teams in the CBS doubleheader: Chiefs, Steelers, Dolphins, Jets, Texans, Titans, Colts, Redskins, Chargers, Bills.

Not that it matters to me since I typically only watch the Vikings game on Game Pass after the fact, I still find it rather ridiculous that the TV networks negotiate that only one of them has a doubleheader each week.  Open it up to having both channels have doubleheaders every week.  The local fans are still going to watch their local team regardless...having an alternate game on at the same time on the other channel has little effect and it gives a boon to those of us that care very little about the local team. 

Vikings quarterback Kirk Cousins has played two games against Green Bay in his career. Now, he’ll be playing Green Bay twice every season as he joins a storied NFL rivalry. In those two games against the Packers while with the Redskins, Cousins totaled 704 yards with a 4-0 TD-INT ratio and a passer rating of 113.0. In fact, Cousins had one of the best individual performances of his career against Green Bay when in 2016 he earned NFC Offensive Player of the Week honors following a 375-yard, three-touchdown performance. Sunday’s game will mark Cousins’ first start at Lambeau Field.

https://www.vikings.com/news/5-vikings-packers-storylines-to-follow?sf197511473=1

Archived