Week 2 GDT - Minnesota (1-0) @ Green Bay (1-0)

Leader

When: Sunday, September 16th @ 1:00PM EST
Where: Lambeau Field, Green Bay WI

Last Week:
Green Bay over Chicago (0-1)
Minnesota over San Francisco (0-1)

NFC North Standings:
Green Bay (1-0)
Minnesota (1-0)
Detroit (0-1)
Chicago (0-1)

Other NFC North Games:
Detroit (0-1) @ San Francisco (0-1)
Seattle (0-1) @ Chicago (0-1) (MNF)

Hate to say it, but the Vikings front 7 is the best in the league. Bigger test to the Packers OLine than the Bears with Mack. I wish I had more optimism, but the most I am allowing myself to hope for is that Rodgers , if he plays, doesn't get injured any worse coming out of this next game. I suspect McCarthy/Philbin scripts the offense with that in mind--max protect, quick throws, etc. 

If Rodgers and McCarthy got a taste of that healthy fear and know that they can't play that BS wait 7 seconds offense, we'll win.  If they go back to that crap, we'll lose.  There won't be a comeback against the Vikings defense.  Have to start the game with a fast offense. 

Vikings are also going to try to come storming out of the gates early.  Defense has to be ready for that.  Weird plays, deep shots, "momentum" plays.  And our offense HAS to use their early aggressiveness against them.  Can't let them get all hyped up and confident.  If we don't throw a slant to Adams or a screen to a RB/Graham five times on the first drive, I'm firing McCarthy in Madden. 

Revenge is only sweet when successful.  Success to me means a win.  Minus that, I'll take any Packer player who can lay a huge hit and flatten Barr like a pancake.

If Outpost31 gets his wish, and we see lots of quick-hitting slants, other 2 second plays, we're not going to see a high scoring game.  Rodgers just needs to keep possession and methodically move the ball down the field and chew up clock. Most importantly, he needs to get the ball out in two seconds - three tops.

Defensively, we need to drive Cousins nuts.  That's all.  Nothing fancy.

The silver lining to this Rodgers injury is they'll continue the quick passing attack and that's exactly how they should be doing things with the personnel they have on offense. Davante's game is better suited for it to utilize his skillset, same with Cobb. The only real burners vertically they got are the rookie WR's who will barely sniff the field. It's even more important to play this way against top tier fronts like what Chicago just brought and now especially Minnesota. Blessing in disguise, even though it obviously sucks that Rodgers will be well less than 100% for likely the rest of this month

Wanna see them get Ty involved some more in the passing game this week and ffs, you kept 4 TE, USE them

Zimmer typically bottles up Rodgers with his Nickel man/zone hybrid schemes. McCarthy and Philbin better be prepared to deviate from the norm in this one, since the audible reads aren't going to be there as much. I think Montgomery and Cobb need to be on the field alot to attack the flats, but Williams excels in pass pro, so there is a dilemma. 

Archived