Week 2 GDT - Minnesota (1-0) @ Green Bay (1-0)

Leader

36 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

The silver lining to this Rodgers injury is they'll continue the quick passing attack and that's exactly how they should be doing things with the personnel they have on offense. Davante's game is better suited for it to utilize his skillset, same with Cobb. The only real burners vertically they got are the rookie WR's who will barely sniff the field. It's even more important to play this way against top tier fronts like what Chicago just brought and now especially Minnesota. Blessing in disguise, even though it obviously sucks that Rodgers will be well less than 100% for likely the rest of this month

Wanna see them get Ty involved some more in the passing game this week and ffs, you kept 4 TE, USE them

You're assuming that MM will wrestle his own ego to the ground and actually 'scheme'.  Haven't seen it happen. Hoping for the best.

1 hour ago, deltarich87 said:

The silver lining to this Rodgers injury is they'll continue the quick passing attack and that's exactly how they should be doing things with the personnel they have on offense. Davante's game is better suited for it to utilize his skillset, same with Cobb. The only real burners vertically they got are the rookie WR's who will barely sniff the field. It's even more important to play this way against top tier fronts like what Chicago just brought and now especially Minnesota. Blessing in disguise, even though it obviously sucks that Rodgers will be well less than 100% for likely the rest of this month

Wanna see them get Ty involved some more in the passing game this week and ffs, you kept 4 TE, USE them

+1000

If Rodgers has a significant level knee injury (e.g., MCL tear), then I wouldn't complain if they sat him for this upcoming game. If he plays, then yes, as you say, we need to play dink and dunk Patriots style offense. It'll hurt not having RB Jones back, though if protecting Rodgers from sustaining even more injury is #1 priority, glad to have Williams as a blocker. 

Props need to go out to WR Allison for his focus, for catching that TD pass and those two 3rd down conversion catches he made. Not saying he is a field stretching deep threat, but he has decent hands and continues to show tangible improvement. He's becoming a legit #3 WR, great in that intermediate range.

1 minute ago, deltarich87 said:

I....I don't like this update

would guess that Rodgers knee is more swollen and sore/stiff today.  MRI will be the indicator if he is going to play vs MN.  How much structural damage there might be and what risk there is in worsening it.

Slightly offtopic, but seeing TJ Watt have 4 sacks in this first game makes me groan, along with the fact that Biegel didn't make the team. Thompson should've been gone years ago. But yes, I just gotta let it go, and look at the silver lining that at least King isn't on the injury report yet and the secondary finally looks improved. 

The funny thing about an injury like Aaron's is that the player has a window to play in while the injured tissue is still in shock and reacting.

Today I'll bet his knee is blown up like crazy. I'd plan on Kizer but would never bet against Aaron getting the swelling and pain to a place where he might be able to play on Sunday. I mean, he wouldn't have gone back in at all if it was more than a grade one sprain. Doesn't mean it didn't hurt like all ***** though.

20 minutes ago, DWhitehurst said:

Slightly offtopic, but seeing TJ Watt have 4 sacks in this first game makes me groan, along with the fact that Biegel didn't make the team. Thompson should've been gone years ago. But yes, I just gotta let it go, and look at the silver lining that at least King isn't on the injury report yet and the secondary finally looks improved. 

He's also the guy that blocked the kick to preserve a tie. 

Archived