Week 2 GDT - Minnesota (1-0) @ Green Bay (1-0)

Leader

7 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Man I feel like there's a 5% chance Aaron misses this game. I don't think if he fails any of the knee stability tests they trot him out there which means it's probably a sprain. I know how bad he wants the Vikings.

I think this is just coach talk to keep Minny guessing.

Guessing? Oh I'm sure the Vikings fear Kizer....haha

I expect Rodgers to play, and keep himself mostly in the pocket. Maybe it'll limit him but he's still the best in the business.

Should be a fun one!

54 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Guessing? Oh I'm sure the Vikings fear Kizer....haha

I expect Rodgers to play, and keep himself mostly in the pocket. Maybe it'll limit him but he's still the best in the business.

Should be a fun one!

No one fears Trevor Siemian but of Cousins had the same injury the Vikes would be vague too. Just what coaches do. Regardless of if you fear him or not there's still a different game plan.

21 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

No one fears Trevor Siemian but of Cousins had the same injury the Vikes would be vague too. Just watch coaches do. Regardless of if you fear him or not there's still a different game plan.

Exactly. You dont just scout the matchups you fear.

If you guys wanna feel optimistic about this week...strictly watch the 2nd half of the packers-bears game.

pettine’s adjustments were awesome, and Rodgers was calling the plays in the spread/offense they were using during the 2nd half.

20 hours ago, incognito_man said:

We just took care of the 2nd best team in the division. Should be no problem handling #3.

How much do you actually believe this lol? 

I want to because I think the Vikings are getting far too much love but compared to the Bears I see a clear position advantage at

QB/WR/TE and Head Coach. You could argue their Defense is a push maybe the Bears a slight edge with Mack now but definitely far more unproven.

I feel like this match up is going to be better for us this year. Our secondary wasn't talented enough to cover their guys last year. I do not see that being a problem this year. Cousins will throw a few jump balls and we need to come down with 1 or 2 of those. We'll get Burks back too this week so I'm fairly optimistic if Rodgers plays we're winning.

This is what I’m telling myself:

Cousins will throw balls that can be picked.

We need to score at least 4 touchdowns.

If Rodgers plays out of the pistol and makes quick passes all night he won’t get hit.

If we win ugly it will have huge playoff implications later.

11 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

What is the game plan for Kizer? Let the Packers get inside the 20, then just wait for Kizer to give up the ball?

The Viking coaches aren't idiots. They're going to ignore Kizer and plan for Rodgers. That means planning to defend against a stationary QB who is going to rely on a short, quick passing game, lots of pistol and shotgun formations, and no huddle offense. The Vikings will press our receivers to take away the short passing game, and their DL will jump up with their arms in the air to try and block those quick passes. Devante Adams may be the key here with his quick first step. If he can beat the DB on his first step, he should have a big game. 

19 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Man I feel like there's a 5% chance Aaron misses this game. I don't think if he fails any of the knee stability tests they trot him out there which means it's probably a sprain. I know how bad he wants the Vikings.

I think this is just coach talk to keep Minny guessing.

I agree. However, it's also really funny because the Vikings don't have to prepare for Kizer, even if it were 100% confirmed he was playing...They'd just have to show up. 

Archived