2018 WEEK 2 Ravens @ Bengals TNF

paraven

Image result for ravens at bengals thursday night

Image result for thursday night football

After a dominating win yesterday, the ravens are on to Cincinnati. This will be a much better litmus test for the team. The ravens will need a better showing from Alex Collins to restore some balance to the offense. I expect a ravens win 24-14.

Flacco 21/30 250 yards, 2 tds and an int.

This is either going to be Marlon Humphrey coming out party, or Marlon Humphrey exposed game. I hope he matches up with Green all game long so we can see how he stacks up against some of the best.

Other than that, pass rush needs to continue doing what they did against Buffalo and our interior OL needs to handle Atkins. If we do those things, we'll win easily.

Getting this win would really help. Our schedule looks brutal with some of the results yesterday. Suddenly a playoff titans team from 2017 seem like the easiest matchup.

We can't get behind early, then the Bengals dline will eat our oline up. I want us to come out and be aggressive, attack the middle of the field and stay away from those great cornerbacks. Exploit their linebackers and don't get into the dink and dunk as their cover 2 scheme is perfect to stop that.

Let's think back to Sept 11th, 2011. Ravens suffered a heartbreaking defeat to the Steelers in the playoffs the year before after holding a 21-7 lead. So on Sept 11th, 2011, Joe Flacco turned on the lead faucet and the Ravens curbed stomped the Steelworkers like 35-7 I believe. 

Same rules apply here. The Bengals had an amazing end to their season last year. They will have a terrifying beginning this year courtesy of Joseph Vincent Flacco.

Ravens 35 Bengals 17

8 hours ago, BareYourTeeth said:

Are they going to be able to wear the purple rush jerseys?

They should run more draws out of the gun this week along with some PA rollouts.

Also, Wink better have Humphrey cover Green all night long.

I think both Humphrey and Young can guard Green competently. That way we have protection if Green lines up in the slot.

Ravens 34 Bengals 13

I'm not predicting a close game until I see this defense pushed. The Bengals struggled against the Colts, and there's no reason to predict anything but a strong win for the Ravens. Mixon, WJIII, and Aktins are all talented, but so were Shady, White, and Williams. Mark Andrews exploits what the Bengals love to do on defense, so a breakout game from him wouldn't surprise me. On defense, the match up of Tim Williams against Bobby Hart will end more than a couple drives. Should be a fun watch on Thursday. 

Archived