2018 WEEK 2 Ravens @ Bengals TNF

paraven

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I mean....sure, but AJ Green is like lightyears better than Eifert. I just don't really want to see him on AJ Green.

Don't think we will. I do wonder if Wink will put a follow on him with Humph though, Marlon shut him down good last year. 

This second game will give a better insight into Martindale's approach than the first did. Last year the Bengals moved the ball on us by attacking our edges, to avoid Pierce and Williams. Mosley didn't play well against them, and neither did Judon or ZDS. I'm anxious to see their performances this time around.

2 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Don't think we will. I do wonder if Wink will put a follow on him with Humph though, Marlon shut him down good last year. 

This second game will give a better insight into Martindale's approach than the first did. Last year the Bengals moved the ball on us by attacking our edges, to avoid Pierce and Williams. Mosley didn't play well against them, and neither did Judon or ZDS. I'm anxious to see their performances this time around.

Judging from the Bills game, I don't think he'll follow. We saw Carr on Benjamin a good amount, which ideally also isn't something I'd like to see but I guess time will tell.

9 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Judging from the Bills game, I don't think he'll follow. We saw Carr on Benjamin a good amount, which ideally also isn't something I'd like to see but I guess time will tell.

I think he will start of the game switching carr and humphrey around, but I have faith in Wink to make an adjustment if Carr is getting burnt like he did against AB last year

This is going to be a good test for both teams.  Neither the Bengals or Ravens played a particularly good week 1 opponent.  The Ravens obviously showed better and this one is on TNF, so there's reason to think they have the upper hand here.

That being said, the Bengals are home and have had the Ravens number in recent years.  So who really knows?

I won't be able to watch this one because they're not simulcasting it, but looking forward to seeing the highlights.

3 hours ago, theJ said:

This is going to be a good test for both teams.  Neither the Bengals or Ravens played a particularly good week 1 opponent.  The Ravens obviously showed better and this one is on TNF, so there's reason to think they have the upper hand here.

That being said, the Bengals are home and have had the Ravens number in recent years.  So who really knows?

I won't be able to watch this one because they're not simulcasting it, but looking forward to seeing the highlights.

I think both fanbases have equal rights to be both optimistic and pessimistic about this matchup.

Ravens clearly had the easier game and we did have the opportunity to "rest" starters. Rest shouldn't be an issue though and the substitution had more to do with an attempt of avoiding injuries.

Both teams have questionmarks on their oline, which will be the key in the game. I give the Bengals the edge due to homefield advantage and a better interior pass rush.

On 9/10/2018 at 6:54 PM, DreamKid said:

Ravens 34 Bengals 13

I'm not predicting a close game until I see this defense pushed. The Bengals struggled against the Colts, and there's no reason to predict anything but a strong win for the Ravens. Mixon, WJIII, and Aktins are all talented, but so were Shady, White, and Williams. Mark Andrews exploits what the Bengals love to do on defense, so a breakout game from him wouldn't surprise me. On defense, the match up of Tim Williams against Bobby Hart will end more than a couple drives. Should be a fun watch on Thursday. 

I can give you Mixon-Shady and WJIII-White, but put some respekt on Geno's name.

There is also the small matter of AJ Green over Kelvin Benjamin...

22 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

Nothing would surprise me in this game.  But I think the two most likely scenarios are Bengals in a close game or Ravens blowing us out...

I think the Ravens and Bengals will finish atop the division this year. So it's best to find out early what both team's need to work on. A tough game on a short week seems lousy now, but can pay dividends for both squads later on in the year. 

22 hours ago, theJ said:

Have they though? They’re 2-2 against each other these past two years and the Ravens absolutely smoked them in Cinci to start last year. 

58 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

Have they though? They’re 2-2 against each other these past two years and the Ravens absolutely smoked them in Cinci to start last year. 

It feels that way because the Bengals have closed out our season with a win.

This can go either way and Flacco and our offense  have rarely performed well against the Bengals defense.

I believe this is a very interesting matchup

Matt Judon might lose some snaps this game. I'm sure Harbaugh isn't happy with the penalty Judon drew. Plus Za'Darius Smith, Tim Williams, and Tyus Bowser all outplayed him. Obviously everyone is in the rotation, but I could definitely see Wink toying with the priority ranking among them.

We'll see how he handles that situation but the Kenny Young/Peanut competition is over. Even Harbaugh's Vet favoritism can't trump tape. Kenny Young is just a far better player. Going against Mixon, we'll need him too.   

Archived