2018 WEEK 2 Ravens @ Bengals TNF

paraven

To turn a bit to the bright side, I think the receivers have to be exceeding most people's expectations. For the most part I think they were good again, and one big reason we weren't blown out. 

I was super high on Brown, but I didn't really expect Crabtree or Snead to be the type of assets they seem like now.

One reason to believe this is still not the same team as last year.

34 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Should be pointed out as well that Flacco has never been an accurate short passer, either. Him missing, or putting the ball above/behind guys who are within 5 yards of him is nothing new. Him overthrowing guys 30 yards down the field is also nothing new, either.

The play that pissed me off the most was his first pick. He didn't need to try and force that to Crabtree.

Edit: This Play. God it pisses me off.

2 hours ago, DreamKid said:

The play that pissed me off the most was his first pick. He didn't need to try and force that to Crabtree.

Edit: This Play. God it pisses me off.

This play checks off all the "Typical Flacco" boxes.

Bad footwork? Check.

Throwing into coverage? Check.

Throwing late? Check.

Taking an unnecessary risk on a down where it's not warranted? Check.

21 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Stopping Von Miller was always going to be difficult regardless of who we started, but Hurst? My god....

At least we can all just chill and watch RedZone this weekend. 

Not only Von Miller, but they could just flip them and throw Bradley Chubb at him as well. It's going to a long, long night if we continue running Hurst out there or if Stanley gets benched.

6 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Not only Von Miller, but they could just flip them and throw Bradley Chubb at him as well. It's going to a long, long night if we continue running Hurst out there or if Stanley gets benched.

As a run blocker at RT Hurst is a downgrade from Howard. The only reason we paid him any money at all was because he was a passable Guard and was good at pulling within Roman's scheme. He's an emergency Tackle who can get us out of a game, and barely at that. Jensen and Howard took the running game with them when they left.

We're fielding a less productive line then last year's lol. With Yanda back too. He's playing great, but can't mask Skura and Hurst.  

Crazy thing is, I could see Harbaugh keeping Skura at Center too. Even if the team is forced to come to it's senses and start Orlando. Johnny Boy might not want to shuffle 3 positions. He could just bench Alex Lewis, switch Hurst back over to LG, and start Brown Jr.

That throw looked so weird. It looks as Flacco deliver that ball to a spot based on an early decision.

I think we can all agree, that it is very very clear that ball has to go over the top to Brown and with just a little precision, Brown will run that for a TD.

That play is also the epitome of the offense we saw last season. We had 7 to block 4 + 1 on a delayed blitz, a runningback who after checking for blitz runs a short out and then 2 guys running routes. Thats a lot of defenders to take out those 2 receivers.

9 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Also, let's talk about why we're continuing to play Boyle over Maxx and, more importantly, Mark Andrews:

Boyle and Andrews don't really play the same position though.  If Hurst was healthy it might be different

9 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Tim Williams and Tyus Bowser got 19 COMBINED snaps last night. Suggs/Judon/Smith all over 45, with Z. Smith at 55. That's simply unacceptable. If it's not clear by now that rotation is horrible, I'm not sure what else we need to see. You spent high draft capital on those guys, why are we REFUSING to use them?!

I guess we can't blame this on Pees any more

Archived