Around the NFL

KingTitan

2 hours ago, TitanSS said:

Mariota, from day one in the NFL, has shown the ability to throw the ball to a spot for a receiver that hasn't made his break yet. Hell, in year one we saw him do it to Walker in the end zone without even looking at him. That throw to Taylor on 4th and 15 was before he made his break on the route to a perfect location from the sideline, and the All 22 shows Mariota is looking at the right center of the field just before he shows it so the defender doesn't key on Taylor.

I think this is something that's often overlooked with Mariota... I think he's right up there with anyone as far as using his eyes to move defenders.  Even on normal throws, he almost looks away... making "no look passes".  I'll admit, I think that leads to some of the bad throws from time to time.  He expects to have someone at one specific point, and if the person isn't there, it usually ends up in the interception... maybe why he has such a high percentage of unlucky passes (bad passes that end up in ints, instead of incompletions like other qbs).  PFF has put out how he was the unlukiest QB last year by a ridiculous amount... but even if you don't put much stock into their stats... last week was a prime example... he had 1 bad pass, and it ended up in that ugly int.  I honestly don't remember any other bad passes (he had the slight underthrow to Taylor deep, but I wouldn't exactly call that a bad pass.

He's also clutch... red zone and end of games... the redzone TD:INt ratio and # of comeback victories prove that. 

For being a quiet guy, he also has this edge to him... like he zones out.  He did it in the Jax game when he stared down Church after the stiff arm... then again in KC when he threw that block... and he did it again against Philly on Sunday.  I think it was one of his short runs to get the 1st... thing he got somewhat of a late hit... and he stood up and got in whoever's face.  Once I saw that, I knew we were gonna winning... no doubt. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I think this is something that's often overlooked with Mariota... I think he's right up there with anyone as far as using his eyes to move defenders.  Even on normal throws, he almost looks away... making "no look passes".  I'll admit, I think that leads to some of the bad throws from time to time.  He expects to have someone at one specific point, and if the person isn't there, it usually ends up in the interception... maybe why he has such a high percentage of unlucky passes (bad passes that end up in ints, instead of incompletions like other qbs).  PFF has put out how he was the unlukiest QB last year by a ridiculous amount... but even if you don't put much stock into their stats... last week was a prime example... he had 1 bad pass, and it ended up in that ugly int.  I honestly don't remember any other bad passes (he had the slight underthrow to Taylor deep, but I wouldn't exactly call that a bad pass.

He's also clutch... red zone and end of games... the redzone TD:INt ratio and # of comeback victories prove that. 

For being a quiet guy, he also has this edge to him... like he zones out.  He did it in the Jax game when he stared down Church after the stiff arm... then again in KC when he threw that block... and he did it again against Philly on Sunday.  I think it was one of his short runs to get the 1st... thing he got somewhat of a late hit... and he stood up and got in whoever's face.  Once I saw that, I knew we were gonna winning... no doubt. 

“Just a first down.”

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Justin615$ said:

Well, I can't say he is lying.....

Casual fans are lazy. National Reports/analysts are lazier.
No fantasy football darling. 

Despite back to back winning seasons, playoff winning team and 3-1 start....we are still just a team...

7 minutes ago, Justin615$ said:

Great bulletin board material...but everything he said about how we are viewed nationally is spot on. He's right, we gain relevancy by beating contenders (well on our way with the Jax and Philly victories) but we're only 4 games in. Need that 13-3 season (1999 anyone? winky face) and a deep playoff run like Jacksonville to gain the respect we had back in the early 2000's Fisher era.

• Like 1

I keep seeing people on Twitter freaking out over what he said. 1) this isn’t his opinion 2) he’s just saying general things that stupid people do say for the most part about the Titans and 3) what he did say isn’t far off from what morons do typically say about the Titans so I don’t have problems with what he said.

Kyle has been pumping the the Titans tires pretty much since the Mariota stiff arm last year. He even said at the end use it as bulletin board material. For me he’s not the bad guy here but the Titans need to prove to themselves that they arnt who the majority of the world thinks they are. Continues this week in Buffalo you can’t complain about the respect card then come out and lay an egg vs a bad team.

Overall though I didn’t have a problem with what the guy said 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I really don’t care anymore about “respect” from the national media anymore. I used to but it’s whatever. If we win, respect will come. 

yea, same here. and I don't want our narrative to be "we demand respect." I just want to go out and keep winning

46 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I really don’t care anymore about “respect” from the national media anymore. I used to but it’s whatever. If we win, respect will come. 

All you have to do is read their opinions and you realize their respect is meaningless. 

6 hours ago, Justin615$ said:

This was spot on, but I honestly could care less about getting national media attention. We know the type of guys we have on this team, and when we beat the "media darlings" of the league everybody takes notice. I would really rather stay under the radar and just keep winning. I know the more wins we get the more people will take notice obviously, but all of that is just kind of irrelevant to me. I'm fine with nobody talking about us in the national media, because 9/10 they have no clue what they're talking about in regards to us anyways.