Around the NFL

KingTitan

1 hour ago, TitanLegend said:

I don't think a 3rd is too high for Tate. Are we gonna draft a better WR than Tate in the 3rd round?

We can't even manage to do it in the 1st round.

Would you trade Kevin Byard for him?

Obviously not every player is going to be a hit, and everyone here right now would trade Taylor for him, but you don't give up a chance at guys like Byard and Casey for a player who will be 31 next year and has who knows how many good years left. Especially when we're a long way from contending on offense. It's not just a one WR fix.

1 minute ago, TitanSS said:

I came here to read all the angry comments and I'm actually shocked how level headed everyone has been lol.

There a few, but if anytime is a "same ol Titans" it's now. 

I'm not expecting much with the offense. Hoping for the best

23 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Would you trade Kevin Byard for him?

Obviously not every player is going to be a hit, and everyone here right now would trade Taylor for him, but you don't give up a chance at guys like Byard and Casey for a player who will be 31 next year and has who knows how many good years left. Especially when we're a long way from contending on offense. It's not just a one WR fix.

It’s insane to pick the best possible scenario for a draft pick and assign that value. We have a lot more Kevin Dodds and Taywan Taylor’s over the last 15 years than we do Kevin Byards and Jurrell Caseys.

4 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

I'm not upset per say, but I'm more annoyed than anything that I have to watch this group of keystone cops try to catch footballs for the rest of the year.

This is where I’m at. Though definitely a little upset that we’re actively handcuffing Mariota in a critical season.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

It’s insane to pick the best possible scenario for a draft pick and assign that value. We have a lot more Kevin Dodds and Taywan Taylor’s over the last 15 years than we do Kevin Byards and Jurrell Caseys.

yeah, that’s ridiculous. byard and casey are literally the only 3rd round picks we’ve hit on in what, a decade? come on.

5 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

All the teams with playoff aspirations pretty much made a move. Robinson on the other hand signed a FB.... biggest problem with the offense are the receivers. He does nothing to improve that area.  He’s improved this team since he’s been here but he’s not taking the leap past that.

Yeah, he really did flip this roster. And he gets a ton of credit for that. He has a lot of built up equity. 

But this is his biggest blunder to date. The lack of experience and consistency in the WR group is going to kill our season and offense. Yes, we need to run better, block better but the glaring WR drops at crucial times has been game killers. 

Need for him to try to take that next step as a GM.

• Like 1

I would have absolutely taken Tate for a third rounder, because I know for a fact that we're getting a consistent receiver that immediately improves our offense. Who knows what we get out of a third rounder at this point and how long it would take him to actually produce for us if ever.  I feel like people overrate Jon's drafting skills.  He's had 2 great picks in Conklin/Byard over his 3 years here, Jayon Brown is coming along too, but as a whole our return on these draft picks especially the ones from the Goff trade have been pretty pedestrian.  He brought in a big influx of talent when he first got here, but at a certain point we have to stop resting on that and see that the team isn't getting better, and several of his draft picks just aren't panning out. Eventually the blinders have to come off, and we have to see that Jon is just as much a part of the problem as anybody in the organization if not more so, because he put our roster in the position that it's in right now.

58 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I also listed Taywan Taylor. The fact is you miss out on a chance at that guy for a player that may only have two years in the league left.

The Eagles are in their Super Bowl window with Wentz on his rookie deal, it makes sense for them. We're not winning a Super Bowl this year regardless.

17 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

I would have absolutely taken Tate for a third rounder, because I know for a fact that we're getting a consistent receiver that immediately improves our offense. Who knows what we get out of a third rounder at this point and how long it would take him to actually produce for us if ever.  I feel like people overrate Jon's drafting skills.  He's had 2 great picks in Conklin/Byard over his 3 years here, Jayon Brown is coming along too, but as a whole our return on these draft picks especially the ones from the Goff trade have been pretty pedestrian.  He brought in a big influx of talent when he first got here, but at a certain point we have to stop resting on that and see that the team isn't getting better, and several of his draft picks just aren't panning out. Eventually the blinders have to come off, and we have to see that Jon is just as much a part of the problem as anybody in the organization if not more so, because he put our roster in the position that it's in right now.

Would you feel the same if Tate left after the year and we are left without a 3rd round pick this year?