Around the NFL

KingTitan

38 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

You'd think Mariota is the only person to ever deal with drops with how some of you guys talk.Laughing

i get this and mariota's play level has been disappointing without a doubt, receivers or no receivers....but just watching those highlights, can you ever recall, even once, one of our receivers making a play like george kittle made on that one-handed reception? hell, it's even rare for one of our receivers to get as wide open as garcon was on the first TD catch. i feel like i see quarterbacks toss easy touchdowns to wide open receivers every week, but it just never seems to be on our team.

• Like 1

Having watched these games and going by the eye test I don't get how people think he is a **** tier QB. Watching the games and the box scores tell different stories.

But, in the 4 full games he's played in this year (and at least I will keep in mind that this is without a fully functioning throwing hand) his numbers are 206 yds/g, 66.3% completion percentage, 83.5 passer rating, 3 TD's, 3 INT's. It's clearly not amazing but it's also not garbage when the drops and ulnar injury are taken in to context.

Also completely unrelated to this year, but why does everyone just ignore what he did in the post season last year? Everyone likes to point to the 13-15 negative TD-INT ratio from the regular season and his awful 79.3 passer rating, but in the playoffs his TD-INT ratio was 4-1 and his passer rating was 93.9. He elevated his game nearly across the board when the lights were on the brightest, not just through the air but also on the ground (6.92 y/c up from 5.2). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

And our WRs among the top of the league in drops. 

They certainly haven't been good either. ?

Obviously.... Difference is this is year 4 and he’s still bad. He had better targets last year with Walker and Matthews. Hell even Decker was better than the likes of Jennings, Taylor, Williams, etc. Mularkey offense didn’t help him but apparently this one isn’t either. Mariota fans will always go the opposite direction to deflect blame from their golden boy. Good QBs get by even with bad/average receivers.  If everything has to be perfect for him, then it’s time to start looking in a different direction. That doesn’t change with a good game against Dallas either...

9 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Obviously.... Difference is this is year 4 and he’s still bad. He had better targets last year with Walker and Matthews. Hell even Decker was better than the likes of Jennings, Taylor, Williams, etc. Mularkey offense didn’t help him but apparently this one isn’t either. Mariota fans will always go the opposite direction to deflect blame from their golden boy. Good QBs get by even with bad/average receivers.  If everything has to be perfect for him, then it’s time to start looking in a different direction. That doesn’t change with a good game against Dallas either...

He had a good rookie year, followed it up with an even better sophomore campaign, had a bad 3rd year but flipped the script in the playoffs with a 4-1 TD-INT ratio and 93.9 passer rating and won a playoff game for this franchise for the first time in 14 years...and now because everything that could go wrong has gone wrong this season your ready to burn him? Lol please.

32 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Ok. 

Well it seems you are in the throw Marcus away crew. Fair enough.  

Don't think he is going anywhere. So.....I guess there isn't much to debate about. 

And again...nobody is saying he is perfect. Or "Golden" simply because we think he could be better with more consistent catchers doesn't mean we think he is free from blame. 

I've seen him do it so I am not of the mindset that he is as bad as some think. 

And I'm not even salty about it truthfully. I feel confident that Marcus is going to be here to stay. So I'm at peace with it. Get the best players we can to make it easier for him. 

Otherwise we can just roll with the type we have and hope for the good Marcus and good WRs to be both good on the same day. Lol. 

12 hours ago, KingTitan said:

His no name ragamuffins didn't drop the ball either when running wide open lol

Did you watch the game? One of them dropped a would be 15ish yd TD wide open on a slant.

Everyone has dropped balls. We really need to stop making excuses. We deserve better.

Edited by TitanSS
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

You'd think Mariota is the only person to ever deal with drops with how some of you guys talk.Laughing

Right? Our drop % is like 6%. The league average is probably around 4%.

That's a difference of exactly 0.4 drops per game assuming 30 pass attempts... But we're going to use that as an excuse.

0.4 drops don't amount to an extra 15 points per game.

Edited by TitanSS
  • Like 1

I'm not saying we have to draft someone immediately, but right now he's just barely playing well enough to keep us from looking. Finding a QB is so damn hard, if you have one who can play okay it's hard to invest a lot in replacing them.

He just needs to put complete games together. He has looked good in spurts this year. The second half of the Eagles game and Chargers game were pretty good. Hopefully the run game picks up. It's hard on anyone when you have zero running game.

• Like 1

I'm just going back and forth mainly in jest now. 

I'm just not of the mindset of thinking he is the sole problem. It appears the be tone at times with the post about him. Just as it seems others are making excuses for him. 

Also it's not about the amount of drops it's when the drops come. Endzone. Crucial 3rd down. So it's magnified. 

I truly believe he will be the QB of this team for years to come.