Around the NFL

KingTitan

3 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Land of 2nd chances go get him

All I can think is what would have happened if that was Mahomes in that video instead of Hunt?  We all know the answer to that.  And it doesn't mean the Chiefs are the only hypocritical team.  All of them have a bar for transgressions that factors in your value to the organization.  One reason I can't stand fans who say "My team would never put up with that stuff.  We don't draft red flags, etc..."

5 hours ago, titanrick said:

All I can think is what would have happened if that was Mahomes in that video instead of Hunt?  We all know the answer to that.  And it doesn't mean the Chiefs are the only hypocritical team.  All of them have a bar for transgressions that factors in your value to the organization.  One reason I can't stand fans who say "My team would never put up with that stuff.  We don't draft red flags, etc..."

Yep. He’ll get picked up by someone because his talent will outweigh the negative press. This isn’t a Ray Rice situation where he was clearly on the decline and punched a woman in the face knocking her out stone cold. Hunt is on the come up and his actions will be viewed as far less egregious in the public eye which will allow this situation to blow over quicker. I say put in a waiver claim (doubt we will since our owner is a woman).

No thank you on Hunt. Not even close to worth it with the backlash and potential locker room tension it would cause. I won't mention the morality issues because I know that's against the forum rules, but just as a football team, we don't need any extra negativity. 

And honestly, with this offensive line and playcalling, I don't think he would really make any difference. I still think we have a decent duo in Dion and Derrick and we've seen the results. Those guys might not be next level superstars, but they aren't the scrubs that their stats this season would lead you to believe either.

• Like 3

Its definitely a PR nightmare... For a bit. I've mentioned it before when examining guys like Hill or Mixon in the draft . It's unfortunate, but fans forget as soon as the player is playing well. The NFL doesn't really care either. 

The locker room thing is even less. There a comradership that lives in the locker room. They'll have each other's backs since they all live it. Look what happened with Rishard... The fans were pissed about him quitting on the team... But his former teammates had his back. 

Edited by ragevsuall17