Around the NFL

KingTitan

33 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

Matt Nagy just handed off the ball to Akiem Hicks (hint: he doesn't even play offense) on a 4th & goal with one yard to go. Stupid, right?

I didn't really so much hate handing it to Stocker, that's whatever.

The problem to me is it looked like Stocker had never even practiced the play before..he had no idea to how to take a hand off. He stopped moving to take the hand off instead of running through it.

1 hour ago, Andrei01 said:

Matt Nagy just handed off the ball to Akiem Hicks (hint: he doesn't even play offense) on a 4th & goal with one yard to go. Stupid, right?

The Patriots used to throw it to our HC. It's not a position issue it's a skillset issue.

I don't hate the call as much as them relying on that personnel. If you want to make that call find someone on your team who can run through contact, even if you have to go to the defense to do it.

12 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

The Patriots used to throw it to our HC. It's not a position issue it's a skillset issue.

I don't hate the call as much as them relying on that personnel. If you want to make that call find someone on your team who can run through contact, even if you have to go to the defense to do it.

exactly. you're gonna talk all this talk about "players not plays" and then give it to luke mfing stocker? get outta here.

2 hours ago, TitanSS said:

Nobody really would've had a chance to convert that. He was met by two Houston linebackers right in the hole and just short of the line to gain. But, you know, let's ignore that, off with their heads!

2 hours ago, Andrei01 said:

Nobody really would've had a chance to convert that. He was met by two Houston linebackers right in the hole and just short of the line to gain. But, you know, let's ignore that, off with their heads!

You don't think most RBs with a full head of steam meeting 2 LBers inches from the line to gain get those couple inches? Those guys were not running full on at him. There were two of them, but he had the momentum.

He met them standing up letting both of them get underneath him.

Edited by TitanSS

54 minutes ago, titanrick said:

Can someone explain to me why the last play of the Colts game is being played so much with people complaining that he's out of bounds?  Doesn't anyone understand the forward progress rule when someone is taken out of bounds?

I was literally saying the same thing to my buddy right after I saw the play. How is that even an argument? Clearly forward progress was stopped while he was in bounds. I think the "experts" these networks hire don't really understand the rules or even care to look them up when these kind of situations occur. 

1 hour ago, titanrick said:

Can someone explain to me why the last play of the Colts game is being played so much with people complaining that he's out of bounds?  Doesn't anyone understand the forward progress rule when someone is taken out of bounds?

From what the referee analyst said during the game, generally you want it to be a substantial loss if you're going to call it, especially so late when they know time is crucial.

From what I saw he maybe lost a yard, if that. But he said it's an opinion call, so it's not wrong, it just won't be xalled that often for an insignificant amount of yards lost.

Edited by TitanSS