Around the NFL

KingTitan

11 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

From what the referee analyst said during the game, generally you want it to be a substantial loss if you're going to call it, especially so late when they know time is crucial.

From what I saw he maybe lost a yard, if that. But he said it's an opinion call, so it's not wrong, it just won't be xalled that often for an insignificant amount of yards lost.

Yeah, I heard that during the game, too, but think about what that is actually saying. How is it an opinion call because usually they don't call it? The only possibly correct opinion you can have to argue that the wrong call was made is that the runner was not being pushed backwards, and he obviously was, so that opinion would just be flat out wrong. It's not a legitimate argument, the correct call was made. I mean, they can say "oh man, they should have let them have that because usually they do and it was a close game" but too bad, so sad, the ref followed the rules which is literally the definition of their job. How about the fact that it was a close game for the Jags, too? And oh my goodness, that hurts to type because I promise I hate the Jags even more than I do the Colts, but fair is fair.

Reich cost his team that game anyway trying to be super aggressive on too many 4th downs. Plus, you have 9 seconds left on that play, you really want to get 5 yards instead of taking a shot to the end zone? Dumb. 

Not that I'm trying to attack you, homie, I'm pretty sure you couldn't care less that the Colts took the L in a pseudo-controversial manner, but I know way too many Colts fans who refuse to believe the facts so I'm venting, haha.

3 hours ago, imDelusional said:

Yeah, I heard that during the game, too, but think about what that is actually saying. How is it an opinion call because usually they don't call it? The only possibly correct opinion you can have to argue that the wrong call was made is that the runner was not being pushed backwards, and he obviously was, so that opinion would just be flat out wrong. It's not a legitimate argument, the correct call was made. I mean, they can say "oh man, they should have let them have that because usually they do and it was a close game" but too bad, so sad, the ref followed the rules which is literally the definition of their job. How about the fact that it was a close game for the Jags, too? And oh my goodness, that hurts to type because I promise I hate the Jags even more than I do the Colts, but fair is fair.

Reich cost his team that game anyway trying to be super aggressive on too many 4th downs. Plus, you have 9 seconds left on that play, you really want to get 5 yards instead of taking a shot to the end zone? Dumb. 

Not that I'm trying to attack you, homie, I'm pretty sure you couldn't care less that the Colts took the L in a pseudo-controversial manner, but I know way too many Colts fans who refuse to believe the facts so I'm venting, haha.

Nah I was just saying it's one of those calls that could go either way. Because it wasn't a significant loss of yards the ref could easily have also ruled it out of bounds and that wouldn't necessarily be wrong either. Just an opinion call.

The ref doesn't have the advantage of the camera view and replay either. It may have looked like a larger loss from his vantage point.

Edited by TitanSS

13 hours ago, TitanSS said:

You don't think most RBs with a full head of steam meeting 2 LBers inches from the line to gain get those couple inches? Those guys were not running full on at him. There were two of them, but he had the momentum.

He met them standing up letting both of them get underneath him.

I don't. Maybe some will pull it off, but most RBs? No, I doubt that. Wasn't it last year (against Cleveland, I think) that we handed it off to Derrick Henry (a much better fit for this type of run, right?) on 4th down at the 1 yard line and ask him to run it in, with no unblocked defenders meeting him in the hole and he still falls short?

He's also lined at FB. He gets the handoff with maybe 2-3 yards from the line to gain. Pretty hard to hit full head of steam from that distance, for most people, if not for everybody.

Couple of league questions:

If the Steelers fail to make the playoffs, do they fire Tomlin or crazier cut or trade Ben?
Do the Panthers make a move if Rivera fails to make the playoffs after being pretty much in the drivers seat for a playoff birth (losing now 4 straight). 

11 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Couple of league questions:

If the Steelers fail to make the playoffs, do they fire Tomlin or crazier cut or trade Ben?
Do the Panthers make a move if Rivera fails to make the playoffs after being pretty much in the drivers seat for a playoff birth (losing now 4 straight). 

I doubt the Steelers don’t make the playoffs look who’s in their division & tell yourself do you see a threat 😏

16 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

I doubt the Steelers don’t make the playoffs look who’s in their division & tell yourself do you see a threat 😏

Ravens only a half game back.

Steelers have the Patriots, Saints, Bengals and Raiders
Ravens have the Chiefs, Bucs, Chargers and  Browns.

I can see the Steelers losing two of theirs. Can they beat the Bengals and Raiders?
I can see the Ravens losing two of theirs. Can they beat the Bucs and Browns?

I think the division is still up for grabs, but I guess they should be good for a wild card. Don't know how the tiebreakers fall for them, without looking it up.

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

Ravens only a half game back.

Steelers have the Patriots, Saints, Bengals and Raiders
Ravens have the Chiefs, Bucs, Chargers and  Browns.

I can see the Steelers losing two of theirs. Can they beat the Bengals and Raiders?
I can see the Ravens losing two of theirs. Can they beat the Bucs and Browns?

I think the division is still up for grabs, but I guess they should be good for a wild card. Don't know how the tiebreakers fall for them, without looking it up.

if the steelers lose 2 they end up 9-6-1, which would put them behind us for a wild card spot if we win out. 

IF we win out....lol.