Around the NFL

KingTitan

17 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I’ll take Flip as QB coach. 

I dunno. Reich is starting to look like the mastermind of that Eagles explosion.

Then again, he went from coaching Wentz to coaching Luck, so maybe he just got lucky with where he landed and that Eagles run of dominance last year was just luck.

Funny. Despite how good Wentz has played. I'm reading comments that have been made here. 

He doesn't have a running game. Defense is down. Injuries. Lack of weapons. Hasn't played a full season. 

I think that's crazy. Injuries at QB are handled differently from say an often injured RB. 

They are some trying to argue not to pay Wentz. Good grief. I don't think he is elite but he is very good. Franchise QB stuff.  When you get a QB that has shown as much as he has. You pay him and hope the injuries level out. 

Hahahahahahaha what a moron.

Not only is Henry not playing, Derrick Johnson isn't in the NFL anymore, he didn't know Ware is out, and the Chargers are in LA not San Diego. What a bafoon. This is why we shouldn't care about, "respect" from the clueless and lazy national media.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Mariota reminds me a lot of Phillip Rivers. Even have a similar throwing motion on deep throws.

A lot of Rivers... Sigh. 

Throwing motion. Takes more sacks than he should. Bone-headed int to end the half... Lol

Rivers gets through reads faster and is a lot better pre-snap than Mariota tho.

Just now, KingTitan said:

Their throwing motion isn't nothing alike lol. You sure about that? Rivers has maybe one of the ugliest throwing motions out there b

You ever see Mariota shot put a deep ball? It's nothing like when he makes short throws where he has that compact quick motion.

Another thought that came to my mind. 

Marcus hardly ever has this volume of passing plays. Every coach he has had wanted to run the ball pretty much. 

So when you have that volume of throws the bad ones stand out more. I've seen a couple bad throws from Patrick but they quickly are forgotten with the great one that comes the next snap. 

Just a thought. Not saying anything about talent. But it does make a difference when you average 35 throws a game.

Mariota has been turned into a game manager more this season than any other year. He averages under 25 passes per game this year. He's been around 30 every other season

One thing I have noticed is that Mahommes and his OL benefit from a tired DL. We are the slowest offense in the NFL between plays so we're not seeing that benefit.

Listening to Troy Aikman made me go look up his game logs.  And it was different era but he was statistically very unimpressive as a QB. But more than that, I got to thinking about his teams.

We talk about Marcus not being one that lifts his team up or lifts up the players around him.  How many QBs around the league have that ability and should that really be a negative that a QB doesn't?
Troy was on maybe some of the best teams in NFL history. Historically good O-L. All time leading Rusher. Hall of fame Defenders on defense. Coaching staff that birthed some of the good coaches. On his own, he may have ended up being one of the biggest bust maybe?

In today's NFL you can't put together teams like that anymore. But again just thinking how many QBs come to mind around the league that can truly make the players around them better? (Brees, Brady, Rodgers?.......)