Around the NFL

KingTitan

If any one watched that game for the parts I did it was all defense then run game when they tried to pass it was bad real bad  but I guess their QB  made just enough plays later in the game to get a TD.  But buy it looked worse then we did in the early part of the year when Marcusnwas hurt

Watson has proven more... I'll admit that (though through season 2, Mariota's pace wasn't far off).

Watson has better options at the skill positions. Not only is Hopkins one of the best WRs in the NFL, when their 1st round receiver went down for the year, they traded for a 70M WR. They've also had continuity through his first 2 seasons with O'Brien and Day... Something which will likely stay in place into year 3.

They haven't invested in their oline and we'll see how that comes into play going forward. He missed more than half the season last year... Had another acl in college... And its the most sacked /hit qb in the NFL this year... And has been hurting bad enough that he missed a flight at some point. Kids proven he's tough, but thats going to add up real quick... Although as long as he has Hopkins saving him a lot, he'll continue putting up stats I guess. 

Lower completion %, higher sack rate, and higher TT (3rd highest in NFL) than Mariota... If Mariota has been challenged with his pocket awareness this year, I wonder what that says about Watson. 

Edited by ragevsuall17

1 hour ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Watson has proven more... I'll admit that (though through season 2, Mariota's pace wasn't far off).

Watson has better options at the skill positions. Not only is Hopkins one of the best WRs in the NFL, when their 1st round receiver went down for the year, they traded for a 70M WR. They've also had continuity through his first 2 seasons with O'Brien and Day... Something which will likely stay in place into year 3.

They haven't invested in their oline and we'll see how that comes into play going forward. He missed more than half the season last year... Had another acl in college... And its the most sacked /hit qb in the NFL this year... And has been hurting bad enough that he missed a flight at some point. Kids proven he's tough, but thats going to add up real quick... Although as long as he has Hopkins saving him a lot, he'll continue putting up stats I guess. 

Lower completion %, higher sack rate, and higher TT (3rd highest in NFL) than Mariota... If Mariota has been challenged with his pocket awareness this year, I wonder what that says about Watson. 

Watson definitely takes too many sacks, but he's making up for it in other areas. They're 10th in PPG with one of the worst OLs in the NFL.

I’m on who’s always looking ahead an is usually fascinated by who’s on the schedule next year because of always trying to see if i can get to a game that’s in driving distance.

Most of the schedule is set with the exception of which AFC East team will we host and which AFC North team will we have to travel too.

Because of all the craziness week 17 will bring there are 7 possible opponents out of 8 that could fill those scheduling slots for the Titans becaus the Titans could finish as high as first and as low as 3rd. 

Titans could host NE Mia Jets or Buf and could travel to Bal Pit or Cle next season. The only team who sucked bad enough that we can’t travel too is Cin

Sunday will be a fun one for many reason let’s hope the Titans end up with the first place Teams next year 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Backup material?

I think he and Mariota are very similar so that would be a great idea, unless Gabbert goes all Nick Foles on the Colts and the playoffs... Lol

Edit: I dunno what he'll get paid. He's statistically outperformed Mariota every year except this one, and their 2018 stats are fairly similar. If we're talking about Mariota getting 23M+, what is Tannehill going to be trying to get?

Edited by TitanSS

Guys like Tannehill and Flacco could get good money on shorter term deals. The QB prospects in the draft arnt great and the kid Fromm Oregon is staying for his senior year so teams like Giants Jags Washington would probably over pay a little to get one of them for a couple of years until they find the next guy. Eli won’t command as much but you would think he would go to a situation where he doesn’t want to compete with a rookie