Around the NFL

KingTitan

1 hour ago, deeluxx3 said:

Which one of our DL not named Jurrell has ever made a play like Antwan woods just made 

Daquan was actually pretty decent last year before he was hurt.  I wonder if he was still bothered by the torn biceps, limiting his strength at the point of attack.  Maybe we can expect a bounce back from him next year?  I hope so at least.

It's crazy how our DL depth went from a strength to a weakness in the span of a couple of seasons.  

My preference would be to go DL in the draft and get a pass rusher via FA... but there are some good DL prospects if we decide to go the opposite route.  Guys like Suh, Richardson, Wilkerson, Jarrett, Irving (?) are definitely intriguing in the FA market.  

5 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Daquan was actually pretty decent last year before he was hurt.  I wonder if he was still bothered by the torn biceps, limiting his strength at the point of attack.  Maybe we can expect a bounce back from him next year?  I hope so at least.

It's crazy how our DL depth went from a strength to a weakness in the span of a couple of seasons.  

My preference would be to go DL in the draft and get a pass rusher via FA... but there are some good DL prospects if we decide to go the opposite route.  Guys like Suh, Richardson, Wilkerson, Jarrett, Irving (?) are definitely intriguing in the FA market.  

I've always liked Anthony Barr. Put him back closer to the line like he was in college. There was legit talk about Barr vs. Mack when they came out. 

But then Barr was made an off ball 4-3 linebacker. 

Vikings don't really have the money to bring him back. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I've always liked Anthony Barr. Put him back closer to the line like he was in college. There was legit talk about Barr vs. Mack when they came out. 

But then Barr was made an off ball 4-3 linebacker. 

Vikings don't really have the money to bring him back. 

I’d love to bring in Barr and let him play on the edge. Think he’d be great with pees, also a guy with intensity that I still think we need a little more of 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

If McVay and Goff lose next week against whoever, does that take some shine off the McVay coaching tree?

I think it takes more off Goff. He’s just not that good IMO. Honestly, I don’t think he’s any more better than Mariota. Easy when you have those weapons and a pretty good OL. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

He’s always been decent not great just a solid run stopper, he got like 2 sacks against the colts 1 game against an atrocious OL & the Titans thought he turned a corner before getting hurt & jump the gun & gave him all that money 🤦🏽‍♂️