Around the NFL

KingTitan

5 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I know CD84 is my AAT and put up almost 1k yards this year... He definitely has a bright future...

But Williams just has that look and feel about him that makes me think he's the next great WR. He didn't put up bulk stats... But it's like every time I see him him he's making some clutch catches... I think he's been a big part of them taking that next step as well. 

What can I say, I haven't gotten over my draft crush from 2 years ago... 

I hear ya, but not sure. LA is just a superb offense across the board and has a lot of talent for Rivers to play with. Williams is definitely a good player and should have a nice career, but is definitely benefitting from playing with all those other guys right now (not that there's anything wrong with that).

We still don't treat Davis as a #1 receiver, nor do we allow our offense to be a "passing" offense. We need it to be like how when you play ATL, you know you're getting a dose of Julio, Pitt gives you a dose of Brown, Cincy a dose of Green, etc. As fans, we had no idea week-to-week if Davis is going to be a big part of the gameplan, which he needs to be.

Edited by deeluxx3
typo
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

I hear ya, but not sure. LA is just a superb offense across the board and has a lot of talent for Rivers to play with. Williams is definitely a good player and should have a nice career, but is definitely benefitting from playing with all those other guys right now (not that there's anything wrong with that).

We still don't treat Davis as a #1 receiver, nor do we allow our offense to be a "passing" offense. We need it to be like how when you play ATL, you know you're getting a dose of Julio, Pitt gives you a dose of Brown, Cincy a dose of Green, etc. As fans, we had no idea week-to-week if Davis is going to be a big part of the gameplan, which he needs to be.

I mean... yes and no (in re: to Williams).  It's no coincidence that his best game was when Allen DNP.  With not only Allen, but also Gordon out, he dominated and was key in that victory against Chiefs... scoring 3 total TDs.  His 2nd best game came when Allen was limited to his worst game statistically.  He ended up taking the 2 spot from Tyrell... but there were so many mouths to feed in that offense... had 5 guys with 40+ receptions (technically, Ekeler only had 39, but I'll count him to prove my point).  But more than that, you can sense that Rivers trusts him.  10 receiving TDs (another rushing) attests to that. 

I agree that we don't treat Davis as a #1... and some of that blame falls on Mariota.  He needs to trust him (and himself) and just put it up and let him make a play. 

891 yards isn't anything to scoff at.  He showed flashes of absolute dominance... Philly and New England come to mind.  He just needs to do it more often.  LaFleur and Mariota need to make sure those games with 10+ targets happen more often... I'm thinking a baseline of at least 7 targets each game.  Maybe this is just coincedence... or maybe there's a correlation there, but this is our winning % based on how many times we targeted CD84:  

• .750 winning % when he received 10+ targets (8+ targets) - 4 games
  • .625 when he received 7+ targets - 8 games
  • .500 when he received under 7 targets - 8 games
  • .400 when he received under 5 targets - 5 games
  • Like 4

For the record I am very happy with Vrabel and have faith that he's the guy. this has nothing to do with Vrabes

But interesting to see team's with young QBs hiring young offensive minds for their HC. The search-for-the-next-McVay aside, it makes the AAS hire of Mularkey even more frustrating because he was so obviously the wrong guy for Marcus. Meddling owner, sad!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, deeluxx3 said:

For the record I am very happy with Vrabel and have faith that he's the guy. this has nothing to do with Vrabes

But interesting to see team's with young QBs hiring young offensive minds for their HC. The search-for-the-next-McVay aside, it makes the AAS hire of Mularkey even more frustrating because he was so obviously the wrong guy for Marcus. Meddling owner, sad!

Last year(2018 I mean), but I think it will continue to show with another OC that Mularkey's ultimate plan for Marcus was actually the best one for him.

The execution not the greatest, especially in year 2, but overall? Heavy run, play action, keep him protected? Murray falling off a cliff and Henry being too stupid to figure out he should run through people instead of around them on his own killed the overall offense that Robiskie/Mularkey wanted to run and they were far too stubborn to try something else, but the overall scheme in regards to Mariota? It's showing to be pretty on point. I don't think it's a coincidence that an entirely different OC from and entirely different coaching tree/scheme thought those same general principles were the best for Mariota overall.

35 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Last year(2018 I mean), but I think it will continue to show with another OC that Mularkey's ultimate plan for Marcus was actually the best one for him.

The execution not the greatest, especially in year 2, but overall? Heavy run, play action, keep him protected? Murray falling off a cliff and Henry being too stupid to figure out he should run through people instead of around them on his own killed the overall offense that Robiskie/Mularkey wanted to run and they were far too stubborn to try something else, but the overall scheme in regards to Mariota? It's showing to be pretty on point. I don't think it's a coincidence that an entirely different OC from and entirely different coaching tree/scheme thought those same general principles were the best for Mariota overall.

I do think Murlakey didn't turn out to be a bad choice. He set the team in a right direction got us to playoffs and established a culture. His vision was good, execution wasn't. In hindsight it does look like a lost or failure, but I think it did what it needed to do. 

On 1/11/2019 at 3:08 PM, TitanLegend said:

The problem wit mularkey wasn’t he was run heavy, it’s the play calling & failure to adjust or scheme players open 

15 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Why couldn’t we have gotten this Andrew Luck in week 17 lol

Or the Ebron we saw dropping passes, or Vinatieri missing a chip shot. Or pass rushers tripping over their own feet. They always play the game of their freaking lives against us lmao 

1 hour ago, renndawg37 said:

Or the Ebron we saw dropping passes, or Vinatieri missing a chip shot. Or pass rushers tripping over their own feet. They always play the game of their freaking lives against us lmao 

I honestly just don’t think they wanted anything to do with playing in the freezing cold with the snow. It looked like they didn’t even want to be there to me

Kareem Hunt is going to have a new team soon. Does anyone think the Colts go after him instead of throwing a boat load of cash at Bell?

I don’t know the teams interested in him yet I know Bears for what ever reason last week were linked to him. Cowboys a month ago were linked to him. I’m sure the Steelers will look at him.

Colts are going to be a problem for us going forward though they hit on some of there picks so far they have a ton of cap room and they’ll be in the market for a back who can cary the load 

Edited by Titans fan 617