Around the NFL

KingTitan

11 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Drew Lock is going to flame out. Most overrated Mizzou qb since our new buddy blaine. 

Big arm, zero performance in Big games 

You watching this one? He's been accurate, but getting zero help. OL sucks. Receivers dropping balls.

This is the first game I've watched of him though. I wear the Mizzou shirts, but watch whichever game has the most NFL talent lol.

8 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

You watching this one? He's been accurate, but getting zero help. OL sucks. Receivers dropping balls.

This is the first game I've watched of him though. I wear the Mizzou shirts, but watch whichever game has the most NFL talent lol.

About to tune into the second half, saw the pick was 100% on the WR, though. I see the physical skills, but don’t consider him a big game player 

Mizzou has bigger issues, though. Odom still being the coach is a sin. We will never get another Pinkle...took that guy for granted let me tell ya. 

You a Mizzou fan?

14 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

About to tune into the second half, saw the pick was 100% on the WR, though. I see the physical skills, but don’t consider him a big game player 

Mizzou has bigger issues, though. Odom still being the coach is a sin. We will never get another Pinkle...took that guy for granted let me tell ya. 

You a Mizzou fan?

ish... I lived in Columbia for years up until about 4 months ago. I want them to do well, but they haven't been good enough against good teams for me to really pay attention. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

ish... I lived in Columbia for years up until about 4 months ago. I want them to do well, but they haven't been good enough against good teams for me to really pay attention. 

Feel you on that. Even as an alum, hard for me to get excited. Basketball sucks, too. 

At least we will always have El Rancho

I know Steve Wilks is a guy some wanted but I saw him make two questionable decisions against the Bears. Putting Rosen in with 4 minutes left while down is just nuts imo. Then on a critical 3rd & 2 he didn't have David Johnson in the game, instead giving a handoff to rookie Chase Edmonds.

Sounds like Cardinals fans aren't happy with him and OC Mike McCoy early on.

Edited by TitanSlim

So let's play a game....

Jags barely beat the Giants.
Jags whip the Patriots.
Jets whip the Lions.
Lions beat the Patriots convincingly
Patriots beat the Texans.
We beat the Texans
We beat the Jags.

Whats that mean?  lol

Pretty much means we beat the Texans and Jags. lol

See what the Patriots look like in November....they always seem to do that.

Does anyone else feel like the stuff Mahomes is doing right now is sort of what we all imagined Marcus doing in the NFL? It just makes me a little sad, knowing he's got the potential to do all that, but hasn't put it together yet.

Makes me wonder how Marcus would have turned out on an Andy Reid team tbh.

2 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Does anyone else feel like the stuff Mahomes is doing right now is sort of what we all imagined Marcus doing in the NFL? It just makes me a little sad, knowing he's got the potential to do all that, but hasn't put it together yet.

I like Mahomes, mainly because he isn't in our division. But I will wait and see with him. He is looking good and has an super arm.  But we saw first hand how the "Hall of Famer" in Houston has done after being crowned the GOAT after what 6-7 games?

But I never imagined that kind of play from Marcus.  I was one convinced we could win with Mett. :)   Marcus still has time. I think he can reach Alex Smith level of play this year and hopefully beyond if healthy and in same offense. 

With Mahomes, you also have to consider the fact that the Chiefs have some of the best set of skill players in the league. You have guys like Hill, Watkins, Kelce, Hunt, ect. Add a creative coach like Andy Reid, and it makes your job easier as a QB.

With that said, I don't want to take anything away from Mahomes. He has been phenomenal and is a perfect fit for the skill set of the previously mentioned skill players.

7 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Mariota came out of the gate on fire as well. 

I agree Mahomes is in literally the perfect spot, but let’s see if he keeps it up. 

• Like 1