Waiver Wire Targets (Week 2)

holt_bruce81

26 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I'm really having a hard time prioritizing Lindsay, Eckler and Enunwa.

I need help just about everywhere since Alex Collins now has me shook as my RB2.

Option #1 is Kittle even though I have Kelce. I can flip Kelce for a good RB or WR if I can land Kittle.

Option #2 is Enunwa considering I have Marvin Jones, Robert Woods and Mike Williams as my WR2-4. Though adding Enunwa to this mix might just muddle everything even more. Really need a consistent WR2 considering Jones/Woods/Williams are boom or bust. Can Enunwa be that?

Option #3 is Lindsay or Eckler since Alex Collins is now worrying me.

Is this the right way to prioritize?

I'd honestly almost have it the complete opposite. I'd probably go after Eckler pretty hard if I were you. I think Marvin Jones is going to be just as consistent as Enunwa. And the Kittle/Kelce thing sounds like a good idea, but you're not likely to get equal value back in return for Kelce. 

Are you currently playing Woods in your flex? if your playing him in your flex, I might make Enunwa my #1 target. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

It's way too early to know what is going to happen with Collins because you aren't going to learn a whole ton from a game that is that bad of a blowout that quickly. So I think for now, you stick with Collins for your rb2 regardless of what you do on the wire. Collins was a fine rb2 before week 1, that shouldn't change after a single week in a very unique situation. I'm concerned about the fumble and what that could mean for playing time and carry share, but that's hard to gauge. Eckler is not a reliable player right now, and he's basically a handcuff. Yes, someone may grab him off the waiver wire, but he's not reliable until Gordon gets hurt. I'm targeting him this week, but as a FA add, not as a waiver wire pick up and if I miss out on him, no big deal. I feel like whoever picks him up will probably drop him again in 4 weeks unless they are good at playing the long game or are a Melvin Gordon owner. I don' t know what to do with Lindsay yet, and I'm more focused on what he means to Freeman as opposed to what it means for him. I know @The LBC is not a fan and thinks he's fool's gold. 

I should clarify when I say "fool's gold," I mean that presently he sits as the 1B to Freeman's 1A, but that Freeman (the power back) has a greater likelihood of claiming a heavier share of the carries with a couple breakout performances (basically busting a couple long runs).  Ultimately though, with what I'm seeing from Denver, I just feel like that backfield may be too difficult to predict right now - they'll be one of those "ride the hot hand" type teams where you really may not be able to get a consistent starter out of anyone on that team (where you can start them and know you're at least going to get a decent floor) until around midseason or if/when the players/injuries sort things out for us.  If people want to take a flier on Lindsay as a stash-and-see, go for it.  I just think that coming off the week he is the cost is higher than I want to spend for a stash-and-see; I certainly wouldn't burn waiver priority or dump a guy who underperformed Week 1 in a starter's role for that.

1 hour ago, holt_bruce81 said:

I'd honestly almost have it the complete opposite. I'd probably go after Eckler pretty hard if I were you. I think Marvin Jones is going to be just as consistent as Enunwa. And the Kittle/Kelce thing sounds like a good idea, but you're not likely to get equal value back in return for Kelce. 

Are you currently playing Woods in your flex? if your playing him in your flex, I might make Enunwa my #1 target. 

I have Todd Gurley, Alex Collins and Chris Thompson as my flex. Hopkins, Jones, Woods as my 3 WRs starting with Mike Williams on the bench.

It's just so much inconsistency after Gurley/Hopkins I can't take that for a whole season lol 

Also, I'm 2nd in waiver order and they who is #1 is a Delanie Walker owner-- so Kittle probably won't be there for me anyways. I'm deciding if I should burn 2nd waiver priority on Enunwa, Lindsay or Eckler as essentially lottery tickets

4 hours ago, The LBC said:

I actually want Jones more than I did pre-draft with the injury to Rodgers because he's the more adept guy out of shotgun and we're going to see way more instances of the Packers operating out of shotgun while ARd is nursing that knee.

jamal's a way better blocker, i'd anticipate the opposite despite how much better jones is as a runner/playmaker 

It should be self-explanatory, but just throwing it out there for the benefit of folks... don't waste your waiver priority or burn more FAAB than you would for a stash-and-see guy on Martavis Bryant.  At best he's third on the depth chart in Oakland (where Cooper and Nelson are coming off receiving a combined target number of less than 10, despite having pretty solid separation numbers) and he hasn't played a snap with the team (plus, weren't there reports he was having difficulty digesting the playbook?).

That list of receivers I put up above, consider that list the same for Martavis, I'd rather have all of them (and just about all of them can be had for minimal FAAB spending) over him at this point.

6 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Gonna offer up $10 for George Kittle and hopefully role with Njoku/Kittle for the season. 

Do you think $10 gets me Kittle, or should i offer more? Really want my TE position locked up, and I feel with Kittle/Njoku on my roster, one of them has to finish as a TE1

tough to say. I think Kittle is an absolute monster this season. I probably would offer more tbh

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Should I drop Doctson and pick up Dorsett or Godwin? Both are on the wire.

Also, should I drop Wilkins and pick up Buck Allen as my Collins handcuff?

Yeah, I'm done with the Doctson experiment at this time. Would much rather have Godwin, not to mention a few others who may or may not be on your waiver wire. 

I want nothing to do with Indy's backfield. I'd rather have a handcuff

Archived