Waiver Wire Targets (Week 2)

holt_bruce81

1 hour ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Damn someone outbid me for Kittle, pretty disappointed. 

He didn't make it through my waiver wire either, and I couldn't use up #1 waiver priority on him as only a backup (I have Gronk). I was disappointed in that. Thankfully, there are still competent streaming options out there for when Gronk goes on his bye week. 

Surprisingly, some solid players made it through waiver wire in week 1. I chose to sit tight and not burn up my #1 priority. OF course, the biggest targets I had were all gone (Kittle, Enunwa), but Galloday was left unclaimed, so I added him. Lindsay was also left unclaimed. I picked him up for Breida, though Ekeler is still out there as well, so I may end up changing that. Aaron Jones was still there, so I picked him up, though I did have to do that by making a move I wasn't overly comfortable with and drop my 3rd quarterback (2 qb league) in Winston. Hoping that Winston's suspension keeps him from getting picked up and I can pick him back up next week when I have a little more clarity on what the guys on my roster are doing and being used. 

Still several players out there that are interesting (am I the only one who thinks Ryan Grant is a sneaky good PPR play in that offense?), so I may still make some changes. 

42 minutes ago, Forge said:

He didn't make it through my waiver wire either, and I couldn't use up #1 waiver priority on him as only a backup (I have Gronk). I was disappointed in that. Thankfully, there are still competent streaming options out there for when Gronk goes on his bye week. 

Yeah I put $20 down on him, thought for sure I'd get him...someone bid $26. 

3 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Yeah I put $20 down on him, thought for sure I'd get him...someone bid $26. 

In my league it was actually pretty interesting. I thought for sure the Olsen or Walker teams would grab him. Turns out it was the Kyle Rudolph owner. Pretty surprising to be honest. 

All in all, I was pretty happy with how the waiver wire processed in my league, even if the top targets were all gone. Maybe I should have spent the waiver prior on Enunwa, but I think getting Galloday (not to mention there are a ton of other comparable receivers left out there like Godwin, Ryan Grant, etc) without expending the priority is probably a win. 

Just wish someone would have made a knee jerk reaction and cut a good player lol

Dropped Clement and added Yeldon (Fournette owner)

Dropped Kelvin Benjamin and added Ryan Grant (hope that doesn't bite now that Allen is getting the start)

Had 5th waiver claim now sitting at 10th.

RBs: Fournette, Mixon, Ajayi, Barber, A. Peterson, Yeldon, Duke JJr.

WRs: Diggs, Woods, Golladay, C. Godwin, W. Fuller, C. Kirk, Grant

TE: Kittle (drafted him!)

QBs: Watson, Cousins

2 hours ago, Forge said:

That's not even till Week 12 though, isn't it?  Plenty of football to be played before then.

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

That's not even till Week 12 though, isn't it?  Plenty of football to be played before then.

For sure. It probably would have been nice to have a back up just in case the injury bug bites Gronk in the meantime, but honestly, just not that big of a deal at the current point in time. That's why I didn't use up my waiver priority on him. I would have liked to have him, but he's a complete luxury at this point, not a requirement. 

Archived