How To Manage Adrian Peterson? (UPDATE: Who Cares, He’s Superhuman)

e16bball

Just now, Doc Draper said:

I worry about Prine fumbling problems. Our margin for error is so small on offense, we can’t turn it over and lose games 

Well we overcame AP's fumble.  Perine needs to get his confidence back man, he is a good back, he has proven that in college.  He is not a throwaway.  All he needs is confidence and maybe AP can school him a little.

2 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I’m at the point where we need to resign AP and let him and Guice just pound defense’s have CT come do what he does spelling them and catching balls. But I’d let AP and Guice just bang. On teams next season!!!

Agreed.  If anything as a team it will show we reward greatness.  Also Guise is a good pass catcher so CT may take a back seat to him on 3rd down, not a bad idea keeping him fresh for a season.  He has had so many injuries, half the doctors in DC know what they know from working on him.  :)

Drink it in guys.  It's been almost two decades since we have last watched a legend of AD's caliber here in DC- Darrell Green.  AD is worth the price of admission to Fed Ex, and then some.  The man is super human, and I am glad that we got him, however that played out.  I've heard rumors that Doug Williams went out on his own, and if so, kudos to him.  

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Drink it in guys.  It's been almost two decades since we have last watched a legend of AD's caliber here in DC- Darrell Green.  AD is worth the price of admission to Fed Ex, and then some.  The man is super human, and I am glad that we got him, however that played out.  I've heard rumors that Doug Williams went out on his own, and if so, kudos to him.  

Him and Schaffer did it. Then he got reamed out for not telling Bruce and Danny ahead of time. 

2 hours ago, TheGreeK1973 said:

My biggest fear is injuries.  We literaly have no one behind him and the way Alex and the passing game is going it will be a huge drop in offensive production if he can't go in any game.  

Given where we are versus where we were at the beginning of the season, I have moved over into the "how do we save Peterson" crowd. However, the problem is as you say: there is no real way to do it given the current roster construction. Thompson, even if he were healthy (which, *surprise*, he's not), isn't the same guy. The coaching staff doesn't trust Perine to keep the ball, and Bibbs is a JAG. I suppose they could bring up Mack Brown, but I think it will take a further injury to one of the healthy backs for him to be activated (or for Thompson to go on IR. Again.).

2 hours ago, Woz said:

Given where we are versus where we were at the beginning of the season, I have moved over into the "how do we save Peterson" crowd. However, the problem is as you say: there is no real way to do it given the current roster construction. Thompson, even if he were healthy (which, *surprise*, he's not), isn't the same guy. The coaching staff doesn't trust Perine to keep the ball, and Bibbs is a JAG. I suppose they could bring up Mack Brown, but I think it will take a further injury to one of the healthy backs for him to be activated (or for Thompson to go on IR. Again.).

He has always been a guy you just give him the ball and he gets stronger. Injuries happen but I believe they happen more moving backwards then they do pushing forwards. These wheels could fall off atany time but I just keep doing what yourdoing!!! We are the only team in the league playing this oldschool ball!!!! Don’t get cute!!! This team is coherent for the first time in years and are building the identity they need!!! Win or lose your gonna know who you just played week in and out. Let’s see just how far All Day can go

Just now, ripsean21 said:

He has always been a guy you just give him the ball and he gets stronger. Injuries happen but I believe they happen more moving backwards then they do pushing forwards. These wheels could fall off atany time but I just keep doing what yourdoing!!! We are the only team in the league playing this oldschool ball!!!! Don’t get cute!!! This team is coherent for the first time in years and are building the identity they need!!! Win or lose your gonna know who you just played week in and out. Let’s see just how far All Day can go

I'm not sure we have any other viable option. The offense is essentially "Peterson or Bust!"

Archived