Buy / Sell / Hold

Forge

#1 on waiver claim list. You don’t lose the spot until you use it. 

Should I make a claim on Yeldon?

My RBs are weak with Hyde Penny Drake Chubb Johnson(Detroit) and Gio. Hyde and Drake are my starters until Penny gets healthy or something better comes along. This is a 1ppr league as well

I wouldn't use #1 waiver claim on TJ Yeldon.
I'm #1 waiver, and I need help at WR3, TE1 & QB1 .... (I'm strong at RB - Gordan, Forunette, Ajayi, Breida, Ingram).
But right now, I think I'm not going to use the #1 priority on Lockette, Marshall, Brown, Onuwa, Ginn, Godwin (WRs), Cook (TE), or Smith, Taylor, Keenum (QB).

And just wait to see what remains I think...

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

My RBs are weak with Hyde Penny Drake Chubb Johnson(Detroit) and Gio. Hyde and Drake are my starters until Penny gets healthy or something better comes along. This is a 1ppr league as well

I don't think Yeldon is worth it...unless we hear that Fournette will miss multiple weeks. 

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

I'm not using my #1 claim on Yeldon. If it were a serious hamstring issue with Fournette, maybe, but my understanding is the hamstring is minor and he's not expected to miss any time. At best right now, I think maybe you get a slight increase in a carry share from Yeldon, but at the current point in time, he's basically a handcuff and nothing more. 

43 minutes ago, xlfrosti said:

What do you guys think about Trey  Burton? had him as my TE and got 1 - 15 yards?

I think I'm not drinking the Trubisky kool aid, and so I have concerns. That being said, better days ahead I would imagine - part of the reason I would stick with Burton is because I'm not a fan of Trubisky so far. Did not have a ton of interest in pushing the ball down the field in that game against the packers and that's usually a good thing for tight ends and running backs. 

3 minutes ago, buno67 said:

@Forge @holt_bruce81 those were my thoughts but I wasn’t sure. I’m hoping I could nab him as a FA and not a waiver guy but just wanted to make sure. Thanks got advise 

The one thing I like to do at the start of the league year is to keep my higher waiver priority, because some people have some nasty knee jerk reactions, so I like to have that priority not for the initial round of waivers, but to look at the people that other teams are dropping during those knee jerk reactions. I actually expect Baldwin to hit the waiver wire in several leagues (yes, he would still be a risk given he's out for at least a few weeks, but obviously he could have a good impact on the back half of the schedule),  maybe even someone like Alex Collins. People do really weird things, particularly at the beginning of a season. 

I have the top priority in my league, and while there are several people that I would love to add this week, I think I'm going to sit tight and let the wire process. I Think a couple of the guys I'm interested in will make it through, plus I'll be able to see what moves the other teams are making and who they are letting go of. 

Also, I would add Breida to my sell list. 

The snap count for Morris and Breida was nearly identical, and Morris got the goal line work. Breida isn't a polished receiver, so I don't think that you're getting that ppr upside with him. You're probably not getting anything in trade solo, but as part of a bigger deal, I'd certainly include him. I also don't mind moving on from him if there is a very tantalizing waiver wire option out there. 

I think I'm moving Hunt to a sell. I didn't love him going into the season, but I was going to trade for him, but now that I looked at his schedule...yeah, really not loving this. I think if you have him, sell him while you can get dollar for dollar value. If you don't own him, he's an interesting guy to target, but I think you can wait a few weeks and get him at a really nice discount. I think his value is going to go down before it goes up. 

41 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

Should I keep (WR) Keelan Cole who is already on my roster or should drop him and pick up (WR) Chris Godwin?  I'm thinking that Godwin may have a little more upside due to TB needing to pass more.  Thoughts?

Peace!!!

I like Godwin over Cole for the short term. As you said, they will likely throw a lot and DeSean may miss time.

I was thinking about dropping Cole for Ekeler as a cuff. Bortles at qb and possibly no Fournette could limit his production. I wanted to let Ekeler sit in free agency as I have the number one waiver claim, but I’m worried about someone else snatching him up after his big week.

54 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

Should I keep (WR) Keelan Cole who is already on my roster or should drop him and pick up (WR) Chris Godwin?  I'm thinking that Godwin may have a little more upside due to TB needing to pass more.  Thoughts?

Peace!!!

Godwin is more talented. Cole may be a little more consistent given the receiver situation there, but at the same time, I don't trust that passing offense enough for Cole to be a major factor. He's a good bye week fill in, for sure, and is nice depth, but I see largely a wr3 who may have some wr2 weeks. I like Godwin for the most part. If Jackson misses time, even more so. I have no problems with this move. 

Archived