Buy / Sell / Hold

Forge

2 hours ago, Forge said:

The one thing I like to do at the start of the league year is to keep my higher waiver priority, because some people have some nasty knee jerk reactions, so I like to have that priority not for the initial round of waivers, but to look at the people that other teams are dropping during those knee jerk reactions. I actually expect Baldwin to hit the waiver wire in several leagues (yes, he would still be a risk given he's out for at least a few weeks, but obviously he could have a good impact on the back half of the schedule),  maybe even someone like Alex Collins. People do really weird things, particularly at the beginning of a season. 

I have the top priority in my league, and while there are several people that I would love to add this week, I think I'm going to sit tight and let the wire process. I Think a couple of the guys I'm interested in will make it through, plus I'll be able to see what moves the other teams are making and who they are letting go of. 

Yeah I’m good on WRs. I have Julio OBJ and Hill. The way my draft played out I went with JJ and OBJ back to back because I was picking 12th in a 12 man league. When my 3rd and 4th pick cams around Drake was he legit back I liked and all the top tier TEs went, so I took Hill. I have no need for WR becuase lll never bench those guys. Just will need to find a solid flex fill when it’s a bye week. I did grab Mike Williams late in the draft and I’m hoping he turns into a stud for Rivers 

Should I drop DeVante Parker and not think twice about it? 

Some guys I’m looking at as replacements are 

Stills (should’ve drafted him instead)

Ginn ( we get big bonuses for long Td’)

Pettis (interesting potential)

Lockette ( someone’s gotta step in)

I think I want to offer up Allen Robinson in a trade. Possibly package him and Dion Lewis or Crowell for an upgrade WR.  Wait for a better game or is that Bear offense gonna be spread with no true standouts??

1 minute ago, BillSabre said:

Should I drop DeVante Parker and not think twice about it? 

Yes.  People holding out for him at this point are like the people that held out for Breshad Perriman to come good.  Notice where those people are now.  Even if he gets minutes when he returns from the finger injury, the guy can't seem to catch a cold or get on the same page with a QB.

Here are all the guys I'd rather have than Parker (most of which should be available on waivers):

Enunwa (especially in PPR leagues)

Stills

Ginn

Godwin

Lockette

Marshall

Mike Williams

Kenny Golliday

Torrey Smith (I think he picks up some of that Olsen slack)

Pettis (if Goodwin is able to go, I'd temper expectations a little bit, but Pettis has some Adam Thielen in him)

Bruce Ellington (if Will Fuller isn't good to go)

10 hours ago, Duffman57 said:

So I'm curious about my James Connor situation.  I'm in a weird 12 team league that has 2 flexes, and one of which includes a QB option (in a league where passing TD's are 6 points, you basically have to start a QB there), and I hopped on the bandwagon late realizing that during the draft when there was a run on QB's. So my QB's are Winston, Wentz and Jimmy G, and because of that I had to pick up a QB to start while Wentz is gone (As a side note, I may be the only person to start Fitzpatrick, because he was literally the only starting QB available).  

So on to the situation; with my first pick being Bell, I'm not in the best shape for RB's, but I'm curious about looking for guys to try to buy.  I was thinking of trying to double up on value come playoff time when Bell returns, so trying to target someone who's down like Jordan Howard or CMC, and then potentially get an upgrade at QB while I'm at it from Jimmy G (like Mahomes maybe).  Thoughts?

I would just hold onto Jimmy. He had his worst game as a pro. The niners aren't a running team and he will have to air it out a lot this year. The other plan youre talking about sounds fine

23 hours ago, Forge said:

Godwin is more talented. Cole may be a little more consistent given the receiver situation there, but at the same time, I don't trust that passing offense enough for Cole to be a major factor. He's a good bye week fill in, for sure, and is nice depth, but I see largely a wr3 who may have some wr2 weeks. I like Godwin for the most part. If Jackson misses time, even more so. I have no problems with this move. 

I am thinking the same goes for Mike Williams over Cole, would you agree? Cole will likely just sit on my bench and I like the upside of Williams.

27 minutes ago, KellChippy said:

I am thinking the same goes for Mike Williams over Cole, would you agree? Cole will likely just sit on my bench and I like the upside of Williams.

I'm not as  bullish on Williams as a lot of people are, particularly in a full PPR league, but yeah, same premise overall. 

4 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

Have you reached out to Walker and Olsen owners? Don't need to roster 3 TEs IMO.

Could also try and sell high on Cook.

I did. Walker owner is open to the idea and wanted to know what I wanted. He has George Kittle though and doesn't seem that keen on the idea. Plus there isn't anyone on his team I really want.

Heres his team: Fournett, L.Miller, Odell, Thielen, Kittle, Ajayi, Kenny Stills, Texans D, Larry fitz, Cohen, Will Fuller, Ty Montgomery, Cameron Meredith, Doug Martin, Austin Hooper, Anthony Miller, Eric Ebron (picked up this morning)

I really need running back depth but not sure if there is anyone on his roster that would make sense

The Olsen owner says he is rolling with Rudolph for the next few weeks

50 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

@N4L bummer, I see he would also have 3 TEs if a trade was to go through. 

Could always just drop Graham and pick up Mahomes as you mentioned earlier. Additionally, nothing wrong with feeling things out for a few weeks. I'd rather have 2 QBs and 2 TEs then 1 QB and 3 TEs though.

The rosters are very big in this league. I picked up mahomes and dropped Richard Mathews. I think I am just stuck with Graham for the moment 

Thanks for your help! 

Just now, Zoyaad said:

Should I sell low on David Johnson? I’m stacked at WR with Julio Thielen and Davante Adams with my other RB being CMC.   Might look to upgrade at TE as I grabbed Jared Cook and Njoku to replace Olsen

I actually had started a post where I was saying that DJ is a sell at this point. That offense is so very, very bad. I don't know that he finishes as a top 10 running back. PPR leagues maybe, but I don't think it's happening in standard. 

I think it depends on how low you are selling, but I'd definitely be looking around. 

2 hours ago, Zoyaad said:

Should I sell low on David Johnson? I’m stacked at WR with Julio Thielen and Davante Adams with my other RB being CMC.   Might look to upgrade at TE as I grabbed Jared Cook and Njoku to replace Olsen

I suppose it depends on the offer and your league format.  I think he comes back around - marginally (he's not going to be a Top 5 back) - in PPR formats, but Mike McCoy is RB death because his playcalling is that predictable; legitimately if you watch study his playcalling from the previous weeks you'll be able to accurate predict what plays he's going to call in specific situations just purely based off of time in the game, formation, and personnel on the field... he telegraphs SOOOO much.  Sadly, I feel like he probably isn't getting canned in-season no matter how bad the offense is this season because as a former QB he still carries (for some reason) the reputation as a QB guru so he's as much there for Rosen's development as he is to playcall.

1 hour ago, The LBC said:

I suppose it depends on the offer and your league format.  I think he comes back around - marginally (he's not going to be a Top 5 back) - in PPR formats, but Mike McCoy is RB death because his playcalling is that predictable; legitimately if you watch study his playcalling from the previous weeks you'll be able to accurate predict what plays he's going to call in specific situations just purely based off of time in the game, formation, and personnel on the field... he telegraphs SOOOO much.  Sadly, I feel like he probably isn't getting canned in-season no matter how bad the offense is this season because as a former QB he still carries (for some reason) the reputation as a QB guru so he's as much there for Rosen's development as he is to playcall.

The thing that really bugged me, and I'll admit that I didn't watch the game, so I'm solely box score scouting, but in a match up where they were always going to have to go to tight ends and running backs, and Bradford was checking down just about everything, he only managed 2 targets. Like, how does that even happen? They threw the ball 27 times...and he managed 2 targets? He got less than half as many as Chase Edmonds. Fewer than Chad Williams. A third of RSJ's targets. That's just insane to me. Did he get hurt and I'm unaware of it or something? 

Archived