Buy / Sell / Hold

Forge

On 9/16/2018 at 10:21 PM, Forge said:

The thing that really bugged me, and I'll admit that I didn't watch the game, so I'm solely box score scouting, but in a match up where they were always going to have to go to tight ends and running backs, and Bradford was checking down just about everything, he only managed 2 targets. Like, how does that even happen? They threw the ball 27 times...and he managed 2 targets? He got less than half as many as Chase Edmonds. Fewer than Chad Williams. A third of RSJ's targets. That's just insane to me. Did he get hurt and I'm unaware of it or something? 

No, not injured.  Kept in to pass-block quite a bit, yes.  And frankly the Cards offense was just shambolic as a whole all day long - they didn't cross the 50 yard line until garbage time.  Between McCoy's predictable play-calling (A- or B-gap runs on 1st down like it's religion) and Donald/Suh generating holding and false-start calls on the regular, they were working from a hole on offense that often gamescripted out the HB.

I'm slightly encouraged that they're talking about giving him more reps in the slot, but I'm still in a position where I very likely may bench him this week in my 1/2-pt PPR league until I see some results to merit starting him again (particularly if my waiver claim on Will Fuller goes through).

Should go without saying, but I'd be selling off any 49ers at this point. The offense was horrific last year under Beathard and Hoyer, and I would expect much the same this year. Breida also has a hyper extended knee, and while he came back in Sunday, it could be a situation where he misses time and or is even more limited than they already limited. I would move him for whatever potential value you can get for him as his stats look pretty. 

On 9/19/2018 at 6:19 AM, EaglesPeteC said:

Drop Jamal Williams for Buck Allen?

Yes.  Buck's role in the Ravens' offense isn't huge, but it's important and he's getting the touches exactly where you want a fantasy RB to get them - pass-catching opportunities and the goal-line.

7 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

With all the other quality WR options, I feel like Goodwin is a drop at this point. Am I wrong in that assumption?

You're not wrong.  And it's why I've always emphasized drafting more RB's than WR's.  Typically, especially in PPR-variant formats, you can find 2-3 WR's that you can get decent production from off the waiver wire in any given week - it's just not the same with RB's.

At this point, even if Goodwin is the #1 option in the Niners Beathard-based offense (I doubt he will be, it's likely going to be Kittle), he's likely no more than a target-share streamer at best rest of season.  I'll take rolling out 2-3 game spurts of #2 options in higher-powered and more dependable offenses over that.  If Antonio Callaway is available (his chemistry with Baker looks legit and has looked legit since the preseason), I'd drop Goodwin for him in a heartbeat.  Others to consider that aren't very highly-owned: Tyler Boyd (clear #2 in a Cincinnati offense that wants to pass - particularly as long as Mixon is out), Ted Ginn, Calvin Ridley, Geronimo Allison (targets are a little lower than I'd like, but he's got Rodgers, a team with a mediocre defense, and a couple favorable matchups coming up where Slay is going to be on Adams against Detroit and then the Niners who don't defend the pass terribly well), and John Brown.

4 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

With all the other quality WR options, I feel like Goodwin is a drop at this point. Am I wrong in that assumption?

He's droppable in my opinion, depending on what's available on your wire. Any of the guys lbc named are good transactions. Like LBC, they main receivers for the niners are likely to be kittle and which every running back is on the field (cj through a very high percentage of his passes to running backs last year. I thought I heard like it was like 40% or something)

1 minute ago, SimsZilla said:

Austin Ekeler is on the waiver wire, someone dropped him. my team for rb/wr

rb: Zeke, CMC, Hyde, Michel, Jones

wr: Adams, Tate, M. Williams, Baldwin, Jackson, hogan

do i drop any of those for ekeler? if anyone im leaning jackson

Jones as in Ronald Jones? If that is the case, I feel that is a no brainer unless this is a dynasty league. 

39 minutes ago, Forge said:

Jones as in Ronald Jones? If that is the case, I feel that is a no brainer unless this is a dynasty league. 

Could be Aaron Jones as well.  And honestly, I'd lean dropping Hogan.  WR's are more easily replaceable than RB's.

Archived