N’Keal Harry best WR prospect since...?

DirtyDez

On 10/29/2018 at 9:53 AM, IDOG_det said:

And he has enough speed for that. He can separate. He won't blow by a guy, but he can separate. And we can clearly see what he's able to do if there isn't much separation. 

Fair enough.  The big guys don't need as much separation if they can use their frame effectively.  They need just enough.

On 10/26/2018 at 7:25 PM, Ragnarok said:

I don't know a ton about him as I haven't done much WR studying outside of the SEC.  

What makes him a better prospect than Corey Davis(5th), Mike Williams(7th), and John Ross(10th).  Three very different types of WRs, but all had elite aspects.  What's he elite at?

Dez-prime physicality at the WR position. He is like none of those WR's you mentioned. Complete different skillset to how he goes about his production e.g. elite movement for his size, very physical, plays with a RB mentality with the potential to wear down defenses over time.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, lod01 said:

Can you do better than Kenny Britt?

Well I don’t know what you mean exactly, but I’ll expound and let you determine if I answered your question.

In terms of where I’d put him in recent memory, Harry is better than Corey Davis and is the best WR “prospect” I can think of since that 2014 draft class had OBJ and Mike Evans... and just preference, but I like Harry more than I liked both of those guys coming out. So in reality, the only guys I would clearly put above him would be AJ Green and Julio Jones as prospects.

In terms of another player comparison, Dwayne Bowe fits the bill. Only Harry has better hands and is more of a professional in his attitude and approach. I’d trust Harry to have a longer prime than Bowe for that reason.

8 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Well I don’t know what you mean exactly, but I’ll expound and let you determine if I answered your question.

In terms of where I’d put him in recent memory, Harry is better than Corey Davis and is the best WR “prospect” I can think of since that 2014 draft class had OBJ and Mike Evans... and just preference, but I like Harry more than I liked both of those guys coming out. So in reality, the only guys I would clearly put above him would be AJ Green and Julio Jones as prospects.

In terms of another player comparison, Dwayne Bowe fits the bill. Only Harry has better hands and is more of a professional in his attitude and approach. I’d trust Harry to have a longer prime than Bowe for that reason.

Thanks for the info. Especially the attitude part. That's big in my book. Just didn't like the comparing to a guy that was never really much in the NFL.

On 10/30/2018 at 2:48 PM, Ragnarok said:

Fair enough.  The big guys don't need as much separation if they can use their frame effectively.  They need just enough.

But they also need a QB man enough to throw it to them. Look at Golladay. He makes Stafford look competent with circus catches like Calvin Johnson did but the bum will throw more to open ham & egger receivers and lose games rather than trust his big WR.

Archived