GDT: Week 2 Patriots head to the Jungle

Deadpulse

Michel in, Hill out. Will be interesting to see if the young CBs get activated or if J. McCourty stays on the active roster, he didn't play much yesterday. Hollister should also be back. 

I think the Pats win a close game but I don't expect a lot of scoring. The WRs will struggle to gain seperation and they match up pretty well with Gronk as well. I think the defense comes up big though.

We could be in for a typical early season road let down. This is going to be not only Jacksonville's revenge game, but statement game as well.

Fournette's injury is described as minor, so he'll more than likely be a full go.

Bottling up Watson is promising, but he's rusty from his ACL tear. That trend needs to continue against Bortles. I'm confident Belichick and Flores can dial something up to confuse Bortles and force him into one of his typical mistakes, but we can not let him run around.

Hopefully the team got the wake up call from McCarron's release. Despite the win, we can not have silly giveaways like McCarron's muffed punt. We lose this game if we lose the turnover battle.

Did you know...

The Patriots have outscored the Jaguars 327-193 all-time, which is an average score of 27.25 to 16.08 per game. In Jacksonville, however, the margin shrinks significantly to an average score of 20.75 to 20.5 in favor of the Pats (83-82 total score).

I expect they'll play a lot of man coverage, and specifically keep tight to Gronk and the RBs. They will prioritise taking Gronk away, by whatever means (cough). Ramsey will simply shut down whoever we scheme out over there (apart from Gronk, if we do that) - so we will have to rely on outsmarting this aggressive and capable defense. The OL needs to hold up to their 4/5 man rush (doubt they send many more, as the script seems to be the rush as few as you can get away with). Will probably need some form of luck like last week's example (BOB's non-TO).

Just so close. 1 point in it, either way, is my pick.

Archived