GDT: Week 2 Patriots head to the Jungle

Deadpulse

1 minute ago, Dan_Bali said:

Kraft needs to make changes

There were multiple opportunities to come back in this game. In a game where NE lost two starters and had 3/4 fumbles bounce the other way against an AFCCG team in Week 2, you want the team to make changes? 

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

Why?

For the love of god this is 1 loss to another FORCE in the AFC. Everyone chill out. I

2 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

You do realize we've won 2 SBs in the past 4 years right? 

Because of horrible playcalling and Tom Brady.

1 minute ago, Yin-Yang said:

that's a close call.

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

That wasnt your question. 

huh? i asked if this team is the least talented since '01. you proposed '06. i countered with saying that we had a top flight defense. your response doesn't make sense.

1 minute ago, Asciimo said:

huh? i asked if this team is the least talented since '01. you proposed '06. i countered with saying that we had a top flight defense. your response doesn't make sense.

Right, you asked about talent not how good the unit was. There are plenty of units that are under-talented but hyper efficient. Also, you can't know if either the offense or the defense is "top tier" this year yet since its only week 2. Pure talent wise, this team has more than 06, they just arent putting it together. Talent isnt everything, but it was your question.  

On 9/11/2018 at 1:11 PM, Elky said:

We could be in for a typical early season road let down. This is going to be not only Jacksonville's revenge game, but statement game as well.

Fournette's injury is described as minor, so he'll more than likely be a full go.

Bottling up Watson is promising, but he's rusty from his ACL tear. That trend needs to continue against Bortles. I'm confident Belichick and Flores can dial something up to confuse Bortles and force him into one of his typical mistakes, but we can not let him run around.

Hopefully the team got the wake up call from McCarron's release. Despite the win, we can not have silly giveaways like McCarron's muffed punt. We lose this game if we lose the turnover battle.

Called it.

We've had these type of games before. Just have to move on to Detroit.

Just now, Dan_Bali said:

we'll go 10-6..  

because we lost to a super bowl contender?

Honestly, most of you need to sit down and take a deep breath. This isnt he first time we started 1-1 like this, and guess what, weve WON the SB after one of these starts.

6 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Right, you asked about talent not how good the unit was. There are plenty of units that are under-talented but hyper efficient. Also, you can't know if either the offense or the defense is "top tier" this year yet since its only week 2. Pure talent wise, this team has more than 06, they just arent putting it together. Talent isnt everything, but it was your question.  

i want what you're smokin' man. 

wilfork, seau, bruschi, harrison, asante samuel, ty warren, richard seymour... the oline was very good as well. only under talented at receiver.

now ill wait for u to tell me that those players weren't talented. :\

7 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

The offense had a little more, but the defense had a massive talent gap IMO. 

Edelman and Slater seeing snaps on defense really seals it for me, lol.

saying the offense had a little more may be underselling it. prime brady, prime gronk, hernandez, reliable deion branch, wes welker, and a better offensive line.

prime brady > present brady

prime gronk > present gronk

wes welker < edelman

branch >> dorsett

hernandez >>> patterson

dont know who to compare hogan to, but i think the receiving corps of '11 is better and the stats should prove it.

Archived