GDT: Week 2 Patriots head to the Jungle

Deadpulse

6 hours ago, AlNFL19 said:

If Fournette doesn't play or is hampered by that hamstring injury I think the Pats pull this one out.

Not massively worried about their Offense, it's their D that would win them the game, IMO. Yeldon is a decent replacement.

I think Bortles was able to move the ball well against us in Jan. Cannot be having that. We're likely to see plenty of 3 and outs, when we're driving.

Interesting betting stat:

From 2010-2013 Patriots were 6-5 as PK or underdogs.

However from 2014 to now the Patriots are 6-1 as PK or underdogs with the only loss at GB in 2014. 

Right now the line is -1 Patriots or PK so interesting to follow that.

I'm trying to figure out how the Patriots attack the Jags defense here if they zone in and take Gronk out of the game. None of the WRs are going to do anything. The Jags LBs play the pass very well with Jack and Smith. Only way we win this is if the defense holds Bortles enough to even the script. Probably going to need a ST/defensive score to pull this one out...

3 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

I'm trying to figure out how the Patriots attack the Jags defense here if they zone in and take Gronk out of the game. None of the WRs are going to do anything. The Jags LBs play the pass very well with Jack and Smith. Only way we win this is if the defense holds Bortles enough to even the script. Probably going to need a ST/defensive score to pull this one out...

How they going to take Gronk out of the game? You mean injure? That's the only way any team can take him out if he's on his game....

Apparently their weakness (if they have any) is covering running backs and tight ends (Hi Jag fans, got this from your own forum, so don't hate :P) but I have no idea how true that is. We're going to have to be very creative and peak good McDaniels to scheme people open, because their defenders are better than our weapons (sans Gronk). 

So this otherworldly heat that is supposed to be so much different than the summer in New England we just had is forecasted to be 90F with 65% humidity and rain. That is childs play. Please. The heat in NORTHERN Florida is a nonfactor. Miami? Tampa Bay? Mexico? Houston sometimes? Sure, I could see it. But this game tomorrow will be a blow out in the Pats favor and the heat will not affect them one bit. Get out of here.

4 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

So this otherworldly heat that is supposed to be so much different than the summer in New England we just had is forecasted to be 90F with 65% humidity and rain. That is childs play. Please. The heat in NORTHERN Florida is a nonfactor. Miami? Tampa Bay? Mexico? Houston sometimes? Sure, I could see it. But this game tomorrow will be a blow out in the Pats favor and the heat will not affect them one bit. Get out of here.

I live here (Jax) and it’s a struggle to even breathe when you go outside. You wouldn’t understand unless you lived here.

According to my weather app, it feels like 104 degrees right now...... lol

Im sure they will be enjoying the heat tomorrow.

23 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

I just can't see a blowout against that defense, I'll be very happy to score 28 points, and while I see the Patriots defense doing well, I don't think they'll hold the Jags to under 10.

3 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

I just can't see a blowout against that defense, I'll be very happy to score 28 points, and while I see the Patriots defense doing well, I don't think they'll hold the Jags to under 10.

a blowout would be shocking. I would be very happy with a very close win.

Archived