Week 2: Jacksonville Jaguars (1-0) vs. New England Patriots (1-0) - Myles Jack Wasn't Down Edition

.Buzz

3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Coverage map for Sunday is over half the country (although it's just two games on CBS in that time slot).

Just happy I don't have to worry about a stream. 

Seems like upside to Jaguars being relevant again, is actually getting on TV in lots of network regions.  Though very well could just be a byproduct of our first two opponents being a big deal.

44 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Seems like upside to Jaguars being relevant again, is actually getting on TV in lots of network regions.  Though very well could just be a byproduct of our first two opponents being a big deal.

I really hope so. I haven't bought Sunday Ticket yet and I'd like to save the $100 if I can. 

I assume they'll be on a few weeks due to being good. They have two primetime games, and than I'll be at the KC game. Just don't think it's worth it with all of that being the case.

3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

I really hope so. I haven't bought Sunday Ticket yet and I'd like to save the $100 if I can. 

I assume they'll be on a few weeks due to being good. They have two primetime games, and than I'll be at the KC game. Just don't think it's worth it with all of that being the case.

Yeah.  I'm hoping it holds.  These days i've got 2 opposite sides of country regional feeds for each of FOX/CBS/NBC (Rochester/Rochester/Detroit and Spokane x3), and the ESPN MNF rebroadcast through TSN.  Plus usually at least one or two extra games/regions covered for normal Sunday games because regional Canadian rebroadcasts on CTV/TSN (usually BUF/NE/MIN/CLE/GB).  But most years, it seems like i still only end up with like 2-3 or maybe 4 games on TV all year somehow, because they shoved Jaguars games in a closet in the tiniest markets possible.  Honestly really infuriating sometimes. 6 games on and none of them are Jaguars.

But there's always flexibility in the broadcast schedule for networks without a home-team game.  If the Jaguars can be relevant enough to earn those national game "broadcast in all the empty network regions" honours, it makes it so much easier to just flip on the TV and enjoy.  Especially since even the streaming options here usually suck, and Sunday Ticket is kinda stupid expensive considering you can't even really go back and watch other games later to get your money's worth.

Plus just like heading on down the the pub, there's a way better chance the game will already just be on and i won't have to be like..."hi, can you flip that one tiny TV in the corner to the Jaguars game maybe?"  And then they're like, "the what game?"  And then they bumble around for half an hour until they finally find it, hidden away in a tiny closet in the tiniest market possible on Sunday Ticket...if they have it.

Archived