Week 2: Jacksonville Jaguars (1-0) vs. New England Patriots (1-0) - Myles Jack Wasn't Down Edition

.Buzz

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Fixed that this off-season I think. He was all camp and most throws through the first two games.

He threw plenty of total ducks last week.  It's just the way he throws.  I'm glad he's worked on it though.  It does show, and did show today.  It's one of those seemingly small aesthetic things that is actually a pretty big deal.  But he's always going to be an ugly thrower fighting to throw it less ugly.  It's just Bortle ball.

6 minutes ago, pwny said:

Sunday Ticket? I think Buzz is using that and behind too. Not sure what is going on.

The streaming Gamepass thing (that became the DAZN thing), or whatever that is called in the States is always behind too.  It's annoying.  Really convenient to just have that huge bank of games to watch whenever you want, but trying to watch live sucks way more than just having it on a network live.

6 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I'm not saying we dont need to lean on LF but when the defense is tired late in the 4th LF should get his but this Bortles makes us one of the toughest outs in the NFL but we never let this Bortles run free

That's the problem though.  This Bortles isn't always the guy who shows up on any given Sunday.  When he plays like today, he's a stud and our offense looks completely legit.  But there are too many weeks where he shows up as a completely different QB.  So they've built this team to run differently to try to mitigate those ups and downs by having a steady as she goes ground 'n pound offense.

It's going to be interesting to see if they can eventually find a balance, or just find a way to be tuned in quickly to whether it's going to be a big boy Bobby Bortles game, or if he's just going to Bortle.  And then adjust the whole gameplan on the fly accordingly.

Archived