Week 2: Jacksonville Jaguars (1-0) vs. New England Patriots (1-0) - Myles Jack Wasn't Down Edition

.Buzz

5 hours ago, pwny said:

Yeah, I can’t see Coleman picking up the Patriots playbook in time to get any real featured play. He hasn’t exactly been great at picking up playbooks according to what came out of Cleveland and then Buffalo, and New England has arguably the most complex playbook for a WR in the entire league. Plus all those option routes, to be on the same page as Brady that quick would be a miracle.

I expect some random player to get 7-8 catches. And a lot of Tight Ends and RBs - you know, like we’re susceptible to having problems with.

It's just so much to take in before Brady is even gonna trust you at all.  Beyond just the playbook complexities and detail, Brady demands a level of perfection from his receivers and leans on a rapport that you're just not going to build up in a week.  Many strong veterans have languished far longer than a week trying to get on the right page.  Coleman (or somebody random?) will probably have a very specific package that they learn, and that's their day - and they may have 7-8 catches and a TD out of it probably.  That's usually how it goes.

But yeah.  I'm hoping that maybe that will allow our staff to get a quality gameplan together to take away those TE and RB options.  You know it's going to be unconventional and Belitrix are going to be designed specifically to fluster our coverages on these guys.  Probably not though.  We'll have guys getting picked all over the place and piss poor exchanges in coverage that lead to big gains.

Probably more realistic to just hope for a really big day from our interior pass rush making Brady's feet feel crowded.

6 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes.

This is the best.

I still wish we had like a nice simple stripe on the side of the pants or something.  But this is by far the best possible combo of jerseys and pants.

I'm on the teal/black combo but I def like the teal/white too...

16 hours ago, Tugboat said:

It's just so much to take in before Brady is even gonna trust you at all.  Beyond just the playbook complexities and detail, Brady demands a level of perfection from his receivers and leans on a rapport that you're just not going to build up in a week.  Many strong veterans have languished far longer than a week trying to get on the right page.  Coleman (or somebody random?) will probably have a very specific package that they learn, and that's their day - and they may have 7-8 catches and a TD out of it probably.  That's usually how it goes.

But yeah.  I'm hoping that maybe that will allow our staff to get a quality gameplan together to take away those TE and RB options.  You know it's going to be unconventional and Belitrix are going to be designed specifically to fluster our coverages on these guys.  Probably not though.  We'll have guys getting picked all over the place and piss poor exchanges in coverage that lead to big gains.

Probably more realistic to just hope for a really big day from our interior pass rush making Brady's feet feel crowded.

It will be Hogan, Dorsett, White, Gronk on most plays. We've been in the I quite a lot and throwing passes to Develin, would you believe. That could be your 'random guy'. I doubt Coleman even dresses.

Archived