How does someone like Tyreek Hill fall so much in the draft?

Bolts223

I'm just curious how someone with his speed (Something that is pretty easy to measure at the combine) can fall so much in the draft. Even if other aspects of his game like route running, hands, etc were questionable, you'd think he'd go in the 3rd round or better based on the fact that he'd be the fastest player in the NFL.

John Ross was taken 10th overall by the Bengals in large part due to his speed, and he had much more injury concern than Hill.

I admittedly only really started getting into prospects/draft this past year, and didn't pay much attention to it at all back when Hill was drafted. Does anyone with more knowledge have any perspective on this?

5 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

I'm just curious how someone with his speed (Something that is pretty easy to measure at the combine) can fall so much in the draft. Even if other aspects of his game like route running, hands, etc were questionable, you'd think he'd go in the 3rd round or better based on the fact that he'd be the fastest player in the NFL.

John Ross was taken 10th overall by the Bengals in large part due to his speed, and he had much more injury concern than Hill.

I admittedly only really started getting into prospects/draft this past year, and didn't pay much attention to it at all back when Hill was drafted. Does anyone with more knowledge have any perspective on this?

Because he beat up his pregnant girlfriend and was kicked out of OK State. 

This is a question?  Tyreek Hill was a super star RB on Oklahoma State, was a great prospect with big time playmaking speed.   Then kicked off the team like others have said because of "domestic assault and battery by strangulation".  Yeah he strangled his pregnant girlfriend....  Well now ex- pregnant girlfriend who had his child that was a boy.

Yeah he is a great player now but seriously, yet if he plays well in the NFL no one really cares.  Maybe it was exaggerated or something, but honestly someone doing something like that, they should be in jail not just three years probation which is what he got.  But again who knows maybe it was exaggerated.  Hopefully for his soul he has changed some parts of his life.

Yeah the reasons for Tyreek dropping are easy to see.  Honestly I wasn’t thrilled about taking him, he should have been thrown in jail, much less playing football.

What he did was awful and he should have been in jail.  The girlfriend agreeing to the deal was the main thing that kept him out. 

This is one of the, VERY, few times a player(or person in general) has taken their second chance and completely changed their life.  Met him a few times, and for me I like how he doesn’t run from it, he doesn’t hide from it.  He’s been nothing short of remarkable on and off the field for us, one of the most liked guys by the fans off the field..  and this is coming from a city that is petty enough to run a guy off for kneeling.

Wasn't a fan when he got drafted, but as a felon i believe in 2nd chances. The mistakes of youth are normal, it's if they can learn from that is the real test of life.

So far he's kept his nose clean, done everything the court has asked of him and more for the community. He's worked his as off on and off the field to gain that forgiveness.

to some he never will, but not everybody has to like you in this world.

1 minute ago, Chiefer said:

Wasn't a fan when he got drafted, but as a felon i believe in 2nd chances. The mistakes of youth are normal, it's if they can learn from that is the real test of life.

So far he's kept his nose clean, done everything the court has asked of him and more for the community. He's worked his as off on and off the field to gain that forgiveness.

to some he never will, but not everybody has to like you in this world.

Much respect to you, a lot of people play the holier than thou persona on the internet and are probably the type to kick puppies in real life. Also no truer words than how you respond to adversity in life, that is the true testament of a man. Great post, much respect.

Archived