How does someone like Tyreek Hill fall so much in the draft?

Bolts223

40 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Much respect to you, a lot of people play the holier than thou persona on the internet and are probably the type to kick puppies in real life. Also no truer words than how you respond to adversity in life, that is the true testament of a man. Great post, much respect.

It’s not about second chances, everyone makes mistakes in their youth. It’s about specifically what he did. Not all mistakes are equal. I wasn’t there and don’t know the background of the situation, but I understand those who judge him very harshly based on what was reported.

37 minutes ago, KellChippy said:

It’s not about second chances, everyone makes mistakes in their youth. It’s about specifically what he did. Not all mistakes are equal. I wasn’t there and don’t know the background of the situation, but I understand those who judge him very harshly based on what was reported.

Cool, I choose to point fingers at myself and use my energy to hold myself accountable rather than sit on a high horse and judge people I don't know personally.

2 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Much respect to you, a lot of people play the holier than thou persona on the internet and are probably the type to kick puppies in real life. Also no truer words than how you respond to adversity in life, that is the true testament of a man. Great post, much respect.

Yeah I ain't perfect but I try not to judge to harshly, feels like we're on the same wavelength there

2 hours ago, KellChippy said:

Yeah what he did was awful, there have been chiefs fans who have stopped following the team because he's on it now. 

but as long as he doesn't murder, or rape, or sexually assault on a regular basis and he doesn't ever do it again I give him that chance. He's not Hitler, just a dumb kid who let anger get the better of him.

4 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I love how guys sit up and call guys POS's and Terrible people and hold them accountable when their lives are just as bad or even worse.

Sure, I've made some mistakes in my life, but turns out it's actually pretty easy to not strangle a pregnant woman when you're not a huge POS.

15 hours ago, Bobikus said:

Sure, I've made some mistakes in my life, but turns out it's actually pretty easy to not strangle a pregnant woman when you're not a huge POS.

Agreed. Some things should be ingrained in the DNA of every good person. And one of them should be to resist every urge to hit a woman in any scenario. Unless his life or the life of someone else was in danger, hitting a woman should be 1000% off the table.

Do you really think I'm posturing and I kick puppies because I don't assault women? WTF are you even talking about, people? It's hot a high horse to criticize someone for assaulting a pregnant woman. I have done plenty of questionable things in my life, but I'd rather not get labeled a scumbag POS, therefore, I avoid doing things like robbing, stealing, and assaulting women.

I'm fine with the Chiefs taking Tyreek Hill. What I'm not fine with is pretending like he's a great dude that just made a bad mistake. Good people with a good moral compass don't do what he did under any circumstance aside from fear of his life or someone else's, which is clearly not what happened here. Maybe he has turned his life around, but there are certain things that stay with you forever. And he committed one of the things I think should follow you around forever. Does that mean he should be kicked out of the NFL? No, but I sure as hell wouldn't ever truly be able to trust him.

On 9/12/2018 at 8:39 AM, MSURacerDT55 said:

I love how guys sit up and call guys POS's and Terrible people and hold them accountable when their lives are just as bad or even worse.

Sure when we're talking about guys who get DUIs or suspended for weed or roids.

This dude strangled a pregnant girlfriend. He acted upon an instinct to kill his girl and child. This might be the worst take I've seen with over a decade on this forum. I'm going to call a spade a spade here and he damn well deserves it. Props to him for turning his life around, but at the time of incident he was absolutely a POS.

Guys, this topic is veering away from anything remotely football related. We don't need to be having discussions on morality and how we view Tyreke as a person, etc etc. He had major character concerns, that's why he dropped. We don't need to be debating the fine points on how we feel about what he did that sparked those character concerns. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Guys, this topic is veering away from anything remotely football related. We don't need to be having discussions on morality and how we view Tyreke as a person, etc etc. He had major character concerns, that's why he dropped. We don't need to be debating the fine points on how we feel about what he did that sparked those character concerns. 

Honestly at this point, I'm just going to make an executive decision that the topic has really been exhausted.  The OP asked how it was that an athlete the caliber of Hill would fall in the draft and the answer's been given: Extreme character concerns.

NFL teams - at least the majority of them and it goes in different spectrums even among that majority - all have a threshold wherein the talent outweighs the risk.  It's not just the premium of a 1st round pick (i.e. what you're passing on to take that risk) it's the money involved too, since 1st rounders are the only rookies that really get paid anything substantial particularly as guaranteed monies go.

I'm going to go ahead and lock this because I don't feel like there's anything anyone else is really going to contribute here that further answers the question/prompt originally posted and it's just going to encourage people discussing stuff that our site rules explicitly speak against.

Archived