Top 10 General Managers

stl4life07

8 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

So what does that make Ozzie Newsome who is .500 over the past 5 years with 1 playoff win? Suddenly that's top 10?

Ugh... I was comparing Snead and Jerry from angle that what Snead had going from his that his team is better now, so therefore apparently Jerry declined and Les had a breakout GM season. My point clearly was and is that I'm not throwing out data points from a GM's resume. 

That felt stupid to type out. You already knew what I was saying. Man this debate is getting dumb.

50 minutes ago, BAConrad said:

I mean, Jerry Jones is obviously one of the best minds in football. He did, after all, win those 3 Superbowls over 25 years ago. 

20 minutes ago, BAConrad said:

When were talking about the best players or HCs or GMs currently and not in an "all time list" way, the most recent 3-5 or so years of performance is IRREFUTABLY the most important factor. People, in any profession, decline or improve as time goes on. Its a fact.

:looks up Jerruh vs Snead last 3-5 years....

17 minutes ago, BAConrad said:

Ok so basically a GM's abilities/success are completely based off of their team's W/L record with no context.

Bruh, you went all-caps....

300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_st

8 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

:looks up Jerruh vs Snead last 3-5 years....

Bruh, you went all-caps....

300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_st

Am I just a total moron here? Because I read these two responses and cant help but continue to believe that they are both really, really poor attempts at deflecting on your part?

Because looking at what the Cowboys have done since 2014 and what the Rams have done since 2014 and comparing them.....There is just absolutely zero argument there. The Rams have ran circles around Dallas. 

I mean it's almost like you took the two FOs that have ran their teams in the entirely opposite directions. 

Dallas has had a young, above average (ish) QB being paid almost literally nothing and they've gone on to do as much as they possibly could to just not give him anything to work with besides "We have Zeke nothing else matters!!!!". 

And to top that off, they've managed to continuously keep their head coach around despite his utterly laughable incompetence. 

Meanwhile, the Rams and Snead were one of the few smart teams to realize "oh crap, were paying our QB peanuts so lets acquire all the talent we can". And they followed their firing of their incompetent as hell HC in Fisher by hiring one of the most innovative minds in football as HC. Basically the antithesis of Jason Garrett. ?

On 9/15/2018 at 4:41 PM, Bolts223 said:

This is my point though. Belichick is a good GM for Belichick the head coach because Belichick the head coach knows exactly how he would use certain players to fit his system or his scheme.

If Belichick was a pure GM that had to put together a team for a very average coach (Which is why I used Sean Payton as my example) I'm not sure these coaches would be able to utilize the skill sets of these players like Belichick can.

You’re right I don’t think any Sean Payton could win with bums like

Tom Brady

Randy Moss

Richard Seymour

Matt Light

Rob Gronkowski

Darrell’s Revis

Devin McCourty

Wes Welker

Logan Mankins

Corey Dillon

Vince Wilfork 

Asante Samuel

Chandler Jones

11 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

You’re right I don’t think any Sean Payton could win with bums like

Tom Brady

Randy Moss

Richard Seymour

Matt Light

Rob Gronkowski

Darrell’s Revis

Devin McCourty

Wes Welker

Logan Mankins

Corey Dillon

Vince Wilfork 

Asante Samuel

Chandler Jones

You literally named every single talented player to ever play on a Patriots team in 16 seasons.

It's not like these players were all on the same team at once, in the case of Revis he was only on the team for 1 season. Players like Moss and Dillon were only on the team for a few years, and you could argue that it was mainly the culture established by Belichick the coach that helped them turn their careers around once again. (Both were considered locker room cancers and weren't producing well at the time the Patriots traded for them)

The Patriots dynasty is not like a lot of other dynasties that is reliant on having a ton of talent. Outside of Brady/Belichick, the only long-term Patriots that are sure-fire hall of famers are Gronk and Vinatieri. Ty Law might get in.

The point here is that Belichick the coach doesn't need a loaded roster to make a SB contender out of it, he needs a roster full of players that have a wide variety of skill sets that he can find a use for. Most coaches do not have the capability to do this, and if you had Belichick assemble together a roster for a coach who isn't Belichick it wouldn't work even close to as well.

On 9/17/2018 at 7:25 PM, Bolts223 said:

You literally named every single talented player to ever play on a Patriots team in 16 seasons.

It's not like these players were all on the same team at once, in the case of Revis he was only on the team for 1 season. Players like Moss and Dillon were only on the team for a few years, and you could argue that it was mainly the culture established by Belichick the coach that helped them turn their careers around once again. (Both were considered locker room cancers and weren't producing well at the time the Patriots traded for them)

The Patriots dynasty is not like a lot of other dynasties that is reliant on having a ton of talent. Outside of Brady/Belichick, the only long-term Patriots that are sure-fire hall of famers are Gronk and Vinatieri. Ty Law might get in.

The point here is that Belichick the coach doesn't need a loaded roster to make a SB contender out of it, he needs a roster full of players that have a wide variety of skill sets that he can find a use for. Most coaches do not have the capability to do this, and if you had Belichick assemble together a roster for a coach who isn't Belichick it wouldn't work even close to as well.

I didn’t name every single talented player to play for NE. That’s just off the top of my head. You have guys like Marcus cannon who was an all pro in 2016 and a key cog in that Super Bowl run or Shaq Mason who is a top 10 guard in the league. 

You have this weird obsession with “stars” And not overall team building

9 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

And since you're so smart, you also have to consider the team John Dorsey put together in Kansas City in edition to what he's done in Cleveland

why would what hes done in kc take til mid season?They have been and will continue to be a good team. Dont try and change it around, you were talking about cleveland, still winless Cleveland, who maybe, hopefully can pull out a win against the jets. the jets.good comeback too, only took half a week but glad you still hanging on to the salt over a joke. a funny joke that has some truth to it.

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 5:34 PM, GSUeagles14 said:

why would what hes done in kc take til mid season?They have been and will continue to be a good team. Dont try and change it around, you were talking about cleveland, still winless Cleveland, who maybe, hopefully can pull out a win against the jets. the jets.good comeback too, only took half a week but glad you still hanging on to the salt over a joke. a funny joke that has some truth to it.

Will just sit this here

Notice all of the players on the forefront of the Chiefs current record are all John Dorsey picks, as well as in CLE, this is the real truth. Like I said, he needs to be up there.

Archived