• Jared Cook dominated and Gruden will do wonders for him this year
  • I thought our line contained the insane Rams front 4 well
  • Nugent kicked well
  • Our fans were so loud and in to the game the first half

Bad:

• Lack of pressure. Goff had ALL DAY
  • Townsend looks weak

Ugly:

• Carr's picks. Under threw in the RZ, the horrible duck to NO ONE, and the predictable pick 6
  • Dink and dunk O
  • We lost
  • The entire team in the second half
  • WAY too many penalties
  • The dirt field

I'll add this: Scheming to our WR's. Cooper, Nelson, Roberts, every WR was invisible. Cook and Richard dominated looks and quite frankly it made us extremely predictable and one dimensional. Super disappointing. Yes I know the Rams front 4 is insane and we have to get it out fast, but only a few catches for Cooper and Nelson combined is pathetic

9 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'll add this: Scheming to our WR's. Cooper, Nelson, Roberts, every WR was invisible. Cook and Richard dominated looks and quite frankly it made us extremely predictable and one dimensional. Super disappointing. Yes I know the Rams front 4 is insane and we have to get it out fast, but only a few catches for Cooper and Nelson combined is pathetic

Obviously, the game plan was to attack the only weakness on the Rams' D, their LBs. If Carr plays smarter, that game plan is giving us a chance.

Second one was def the worst. Crazy thing is that if he doesn’t throw the other two, we might have won. Time for gru and Carr to earn that money. Carr’s issues can be fixed in theory, but I’ve been saying that for years. Starting to worry he is broken after the injury.

Pros:

- Cook was a beast. We have a legit TE. He'll be a Top 8-10 TE easily if Gruden keeps using him to his full potential.

- Offensive Line didn't look too bad.. they actually held up quite well against that insane Ram defensive line.

- It is AWESOME to have a real coaching staff again. Guenther knows what he is doing. A real DC. Get the man some talent.

Cons:

- Derek Carr sucks under pressure, sucks against top defenses, and people have to let the idea and whisper of "maybe hes not the future" creep into their mind. Obviously, give him the rest of the season to judge him fully... but let it in now so it's not shocking.

- Too much Cook actually. Like OP said, our WRs were purely invisible. I know their corners are good but get Cooper involved.

- Our offensive play calling was lackluster... but I know it's a work in progress and I trust Gruden when it comes to offense.

- Penalties... as always. A Raider Tradition. Please clean it up.

Carr is a limited player. He cant function in an offense that takes shots down field without being maxed protected. Our WRs suffer because of it I feel bad for Coop. We have to run the quick underneath routes to get the ball out of his hands, but he isnt a precise enough passer to execute that style of offense all game like Gannon or Brady because he'll make a mistake. He probably has worse pocket mobility than Phillip Rivers, cant extend a play to save his life and rarely uses his legs despite being decently athletic. Bad downfield accuracy, gets hurt almost everytime he gets touched...just ugh.

I mean I get it...this is a QB driven league and you have to pay your QB if you think he has a chance of being great. But I get the feeling we just let go of a once in a generation, sure fire HOF player in Mack for years of mediocre Andy Dalton/Sam Bradfordish qb play..

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm rooting for Carr, and rooting for Gruden to fix Carr. However, I just found out we can get out of Carrs contract at the end of the year. McKenzie is such a contract genius. I love that guy.

F it.  Trade him too! 

Our first half was amazing we held our ground

the second half the same zero pass rush + Carr doing a Forrest Gump impersonation led us down to a loss. We were good but we didn’t get Cooper involved we flat out crapped the bed in the second half.

defense: our pass rush is null we need to get in there it was pathetic. I know this will improve and it’s kinda good was vs a great team the growing pains move faster.

we have to get to the quarterback though.

im excited! That first half showed we can play with the big dogs and keep them in check.

the question is can Carr actually make some magic and can we get some freaking pass rush.

27 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Carr cost us this period

d played ok

Crazy question which carr int hurt the most?

id say the 2nd one just killed the whole stadium /team

I honestly think it was the first one. He forced it when y’all were driving and had all the momentum and just straight up wearing down the defense. That INT gave the rams momentum IMO. GG guys. Don’t be so down on Carr. Almost every QB no named Brady shat the bed this week.. Right now defenses are OP because the lack of reps and practices. 

Archived