The Good, the Bad, the Second Half Losers vs the Rams

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, raiders90 said:

the worst:

he had people open.

Fwiw, he explained it in the post game press conference and fully owned it. He was gonna throw it away to the boundary and try to give Nelson a shot at it and at the last second he wanted to pull it back to a pump fake. Thats why the pass was so lame duck. He knew it was a bad decision mid throw and knew it was terrible as soon as it left his hand. I doubt it ever happens like that again.

3 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

Fwiw, he explained it in the post game press conference and fully owned it. He was gonna throw it away to the boundary and try to give Nelson a shot at it and at the last second he wanted to pull it back to a pump fake. Thats why the pass was so lame duck. He knew it was a bad decision mid throw and knew it was terrible as soon as it left his hand. I doubt it ever happens like that again.

I dont. I think it definitely happens again. The reason is, the whole process started cause of his fear of pressure. If he cant fix that, he will make the mistake again. 

Just now, dante9876 said:

I dont. I think it definitely happens again. The reason is, the whole process started cause of his fear of pressure. If he cant fix that, he will make the mistake again. 

Well i think ya'll are freaking out after one game. Does Carr have flaws that need be fixed? Absolutely. But i'll trust the coach who took guys like Rich Gannon, Brad Johnson, and Josh Freeman and turned them into Pro Bowl QBs when they were nothing without him to fix his issues.

16 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

Well i think ya'll are freaking out after one game. Does Carr have flaws that need be fixed? Absolutely. But i'll trust the coach who took guys like Rich Gannon, Brad Johnson, and Josh Freeman and turned them into Pro Bowl QBs when they were nothing without him to fix his issues.

It's not exactly the same problem though. I'm sure Carr isn't panicking when he's wearing a red jersey in practice. Who knows if you can coach the fear out of someone. I'm not even blaming Carr, suffering a back fracture is scary.

Lots of overreaction imho.

We are a yeam in rebuild mode. Thats why we traded our dpoy while in his prime.

I saw a team that was competing with a sb favorite and lost because our qb had his worst game ever.

I'm hopefull Carr can be much better and that this team will be in play every game. 

14 hours ago, El ramster said:

I honestly think it was the first one. He forced it when y’all were driving and had all the momentum and just straight up wearing down the defense. That INT gave the rams momentum IMO. GG guys. Don’t be so down on Carr. Almost every QB no named Brady shat the bed this week.. Right now defenses are OP because the lack of reps and practices. 

Thank you for the voice of reason and outside view.  I understand the frustration around here, but come on.

2 hours ago, dante9876 said:

I think the complicated offense also played a big role.  At times  he looks lost and didn’t know what to do 

1 hour ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Which is a nice way of saying Joseph is dumb as a rock

Yeah it means he's probably not picked up the playbook maybe but moreso i think it's cuz Nelson's spent half his career in the system so he knows it like the back of his hand.

But i agree it's at least concerning. But we already knew KoJo is prone to mental mistakes as is.

On 11/09/2018 at 12:54 PM, big_palooka said:

Carr needs to get it together. He started seeing ghosts in the pocket, it happens to often with him. He's not extending plays and is afraid of the deep ball. That offense was painful to watch. Dink and dunk personified last night. You have to take shots and try to get a guy like Cooper going. 

Defense.... I guess we can all pump the breaks on this rookie Dline thing finally yes? Preseason is never indicative of real games. They looked overmatched and were stonewalled all game. No pass rush and worse, things got desperate. They lined up Hurst at DE to try anything.

It's 1 game against what many see as a Superbowl team. But there is a clear lack of talent on this team. Who is the playmaker right now on either side of the ball? Looks like it's the approach of bend but don't break with the defense. And offense, conservative, ball control to mask the clear lack of skill players.

I agree in part, I think we were super conservative with the O due mostly to the formidable Rams defensive front, kind of like when we played Denver in '16 and tore them apart with the RBs catching out of the backfield. I thought the two tackles held up pretty well - Miller definitely deserves some credit as he was left 1 on 1 a lot and held his own. KO got absolutely dominated inside by Donald though. Defensively we did look a little overmatched, we looked like we were missing a 'Mack' to take the attention and allow someone else to come free. There's no-one worth double teaming at the moment on our DL but that doesn't mean they won't become good players.

DJ, Leon Hall, Conley and Melvin I thought looked pretty good too, considering the lack of pressure we were able to exert.

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

I agree in part, I think we were super conservative with the O due mostly to the formidable Rams defensive front, kind of like when we played Denver in '16 and tore them apart with the RBs catching out of the backfield. I thought the two tackles held up pretty well - Miller definitely deserves some credit as he was left 1 on 1 a lot and held his own. KO got absolutely dominated inside by Donald though. Defensively we did look a little overmatched, we looked like we were missing a 'Mack' to take the attention and allow someone else to come free. There's no-one worth double teaming at the moment on our DL but that doesn't mean they won't become good players.

DJ, Leon Hall, Conley and Melvin I thought looked pretty good too, considering the lack of pressure we were able to exert.

Agree with your assessment. I thought Miller looked decent. I can't remember many times he got dominated and I saw on a number of occasions him holding up well. I also noticed him once or twice smartly shifting from one player to another as their dline moved and altered positions. A pretty good start by him.

Also thought Conley was okay. He was up against it trying to mark Cooks man to man and he did get beat a couple of times, but he also stuck with his man in coverage well on a number of occasions. Melvin struggled more imo.

Leon Hall was a pleasant surprise, as was Whitehead. Those two were the pick of the defensive players.

Archived