Week 2: Miami Dolphins (1-0) @ New York Jets (1-0)

TheKillerNacho

MIA @ NYJ  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Miami Dolphins
    • New York Jets
  2. 2. How close will the game be?

• 3 or less point difference
    • 4-7 point difference
    • 8-14 point difference
    • 15 or greater point difference
  3. 3. Which player scores the most fantasy points during this game?

• Ryan Tannehill
    • Sam Darnold
    • Kenyan Drake
    • Frank Gore
    • Isaiah Crowell
    • Bilal Powell
    • Kenny Stills
    • Devante Parker
    • Adrian Wilson
    • Danny Amendola
    • Robby Anderson
    • Jermaine Kearse
    • Terrelle Pryor
    • Mike Gesicki
    • Eric Tomlinson
    • Jason Sanders
    • Jason Myers
    • Dolphins DST
    • Jets DST
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/16/2018 at 05:00 PM

On 9/14/2018 at 12:16 PM, cddolphin said:

Next man up.

At some point Miami will learn to stop relying on 30+ year old guards. They're burned almost every time they do so.

We also get burned when we try to draft young guards, in fairness. It's not like we haven't tried to address interior ol in the draft, they just end up all sucking.

O-Line is what it is, a pretty good unit to start the season but every injury this year is going to make it less and less effective on 3rd down pass protection and running between the tackles. The linebackers got exposed some the second half but they are young and should improve as a unitas the season goes on barring injuries.

As I think back to the 2016 season I am starting to remember how I began to question Gases' play calling then and I am starting to see the same thing this season and that mainly is running the same plays over and over in a game when they continually get blowed up by opposing defenses.

Drake needs to learn to stay in bounds when playing with a lead, 2 plays late in the forth quarter he ran out of bounds when he should have just went down on the field and kept the clock running.

Over all another tough, ugly, and good win that can be a playoff maker at the end of the season

This was a very though win against a team with a stout well coached defense, and an explosive offense. Just like last week, the Dolphins found a way to win when it counted. The defense played well, especially considering the talent on the other side of the ball. They kept the Jets from running all over them, and forced their young QB to try and win it through the air. Again the secondary showcased their speed and big play ability by getting another set of ints, and big stops when needed. This game the Dolphins D-line was finally able to show what they can do, which is wear the opposing offensive line down. By the end of the game, the D-line was putting major pressure on Darnold. Tannehill still isn't 100% yet, and it showed. He was very indecisive at times in this game, you could tell he didn't know what to do with the ball. Tannehill of 2016 would have just thrown the ball away, but he just couldn't pull the trigger. Because of this we had some ungly coverage sacks. Tanny is going to have to keep working hard to get back to mid-season form. The Drake Gore combo paid dividends again, as both RB's were fresh in the 4th, allowing them to make some big plays when it counted. I give the Jets defense some credit, the Dolphins WR's had a big speed advantage, and the Jets secondary played tough all game. I don't know if you guys have been watching other games, but most of the teams this year have plaid some terrible defense. There have been 30 and 40 point games all over. Lots of teams are playing very sloppy ball right now. I think the Dolphins have something to build on as we move on to another tough game with the Raiders at home.

Let's get it out of the way:  The Jets aren't good.  We SHOULD be beating them.  

But with that said, it was still nice to see the team take care of business against a weaker divisional foe on the road.  They were in control the entire game.  The Run D was outstanding.    I didn't much care for the play-calling in the 2nd half with the lead, but that can be tinkered with next time.  Tannehill only attempted 8 passes in the entire 2nd half.  I want to see this team step on the necks of their opponents when they are down.  

GREAT job holding the Jets to 42 rushing yards, who would have thought?

My boi #56 Davon Godchaux with some great run defense this game. I don't think he registered a ton of tackles, but he penetrated / blew up 5-6 run plays.

Also, shoutout GASE for the great improvement in penalties through 2 games. Only 9 (4th fewest) for 61 yards (3rd fewest).

Interesting how Tannehill had (what I would consider to be) a better game week 1, but a higher rating in week 2.

Tannehill 9-1 over his last 10 games with Gase.

Archived