Would you rather...

buno67

Would you rather  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather build a franchise around?

• Rookie Myles Garrett
    • Rookie Joe Thomas

Heard this would you rather on the radio and thought it would spark a good debate. 

Who would you rather start your franchise with?

a rookie Myles Garrett or a rookie Joe Thomas? With everything you know. If you choose Joe, you get the streak and the hall of fame career or do you choose Garrett the defensive game changer/one man wrecking crew, who might have a prolific career. 

I mean, Joe Thomas is one of the best OT to ever play, and we won next to zero games with him. I'd rather have an average/above average LT with a freak edge guy than a HOF LT and an average/above average DE#1.

That said, give me the guarantee in JT, especially on this young roster. I'd add edge help the next 2-3 years and have a solid offensive core that's intact with a nice LB/DB situation.

3 minutes ago, mistakey said:

i guess it depends on if i have a qb i really want to protect

if we have trash like we did during joe's career, take the garrett but if we had a tim couch or a baker mayfield that we want to keep long term id take the joe thomas

Qb’s still seemed to get hurt a lot even with Joe unfortunately.

One OL can only do so much.

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Qb’s still seemed to get hurt a lot even with Joe unfortunately.

One OL can only do so much.

our qbs were all trash.  bad qbs seem to get hurt more than good qbs.  i have theories why
1. they dont audible when they are in a bad spot
2. they dont get the ball out fast enough
3. they dont slide quick enough
4. they dont throw the ball away quick enough

still need to protect the backside tho

chris samuels > courtney brown

26 minutes ago, mistakey said:

our qbs were all trash.  bad qbs seem to get hurt more than good qbs.  i have theories why
1. they dont audible when they are in a bad spot
2. they dont get the ball out fast enough
3. they dont slide quick enough
4. they dont throw the ball away quick enough

Oh for sure.

still need to protect the backside tho

Absolutely.

chris samuels > courtney brown

For sure, but you can’t predict injuries and such.

Ok the scenario we’re picking from is what we already know Thomas’s career was. As in healthy his entire career over Garrett’s potential. I take Joe pretty easily. I’m sorry I still don’t have any faith in Garrett staying healthy. 

Joe can and has neutralized elite pass rushers. 

DE has more impact but LT is there to neutralize that impact. A great DE will get a handful of positive plays per game and a great LT will prevent those. It's really a tie which is more valuable. Sure teams will with an average LT and they win with an average RE. I just go by what is certain and take Joe. May change if Myles has a freak career.

Oh, also, as far as not winning with Joe how, many games have we won with Myles?

Archived