Would you rather...

buno67

Would you rather  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather build a franchise around?

• Rookie Myles Garrett
    • Rookie Joe Thomas

45 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

If it's going forward, I'm probably taking a LT. The future of the NFL involves keeping QBs away from contact and a greater reliance on pass coverage over pass rush. I wouldn't be shocked if the NFL becomes the Big XII in 15 years. 

It will always be a game of cyclical phases. You're right that the game is moving to more quick hitter, scheme open stuff. But that will result in better pass coverage players, which will send the game back towards the QB having to hold onto the ball again... and then the Pass Rusher is again the preeminent defensive star.

I edge towards Myles because hitting the QB before he can throw it is the most direct way of impacting the game short of throwing the football. A LT is great but if he's protecting a bum, it means little. We know this probably better than any other team in the league.

If we are going off of what we know right now.  I go with the guarantee of Joe Thomas (Hall of Fame/All Pro/Pro Bowls) at LT.   Garrett could be an all world DE for us during his career but we just have no idea if that will become a reality or not.  The argument is reality versus perception.  10 years from now we can revisit this question and then we can really debate it but as of right now, I'll take JT and the guarantee of success at the LT position.

Peace!!!

Archived