Week 2 QB Power Rankings

DoleINGout

50 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Watson and Mahomes are too high...for now. Jameis is wayyyyyyy too high. Everything else is ok

Jameis I initially had in the Andy Dalton tier, but I do think he's better than that.  Can't really argue though with anyone saying he's too high.

As for Wentz, Watson, and Mahomes and the 'Next big thing' tier.  I just think those guys are special.  But to be transparent I did think that about Dak as well after his terrific playoff loss performance.  So I can definitely be wrong...xD

Tom Brady

Aaron Rodgers

Drew Brees

Russell Wilson

Philip Rivers

Ben Roethlisberger

Cam Newton

Jared Goff

Alex Smith

Andrew Luck

Patrick Mahomes

Deshaun Watson

Kirk Cousins

Matt Ryan

Matthew Stafford

Case Keenum

Derek Carr

Jimmy Garoppolo

Dak Prescott

Sam Darnold

Ryan Tannehill

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Joe Flacco

Eli Manning

Nick Foles

Andy Dalton

Josh Allen

Mitch Trubisky

Blake Bortles

Tyrod Taylor

Marcus Mariota

Sam Bradford

1. Aaron Rodgers on one leg
2. Tom Brady
3. Drew Brees
4. Russel Wilson (+1)
5. Matt Ryan (-1)
6. Philip Rivers (+1)
7. Ben Roethlisberger (-1)
8. Cam Newton
9. Andrew Luck (+1)
10. Alex Smith (+1)
11. Kirk Cousins (+4)
12. Jared Goff
13. Matt Stafford (-4)
14. Jimmy Garoppolo (-1)
15. Deshaun Watson (-1)
16. Pat Mahomes (+4)
17. Derek Carr (-1)
18. Marcus Mariota (-1)
19. Joe Flacco (+6)
20. Andy Dalton (+2)
21. Eli Manning
22. Ryan Fitzpatrick (+9)
23. Ryan Tannehill (+3)
24. Nick Foles (-1)
25. Case Keenum (-1)
26. Dak Prescott (-7)
27. Sam Bradford (-9)
28. Blake Bortles (-1)
29. Sam Darnold
30. Tyrod Taylor (-2)
31. Mitchell Trubisky (-1)
32. Josh Allen

Most of the guys who went +/- 1 outside of the top 7 didn't do so due to their own play, just based on someone moving ahead of them or falling behind them.

I'm probably overthinking the 19-28 range. Pushing Prescott down 7 and Bradford down 9 both feel a little harsh, but I think its more due to me overrating them coming into the season than bad play.

Darnold/Mahomes will rise if they keep it up. I expect Stafford to stabilize but if he doesn't he'll fall some more. Rivers/Roethlisberger are two who could yield their top ten spots to some of the younger guys if things don't go well.

This is the worst list I've ever seen. Are you going SOLELY based off Week 1? Well, you must be if Matt Ryan is #31...

If we are going by just Week 1, Rodgers should be #1, Brady should be #5, Carr should be #28 or so. Even if we are going by Week 1 PLUS body of work, Rodgers should still be #1, Brady should be #2, Carr should be around #13, and Matt Ryan should be around #9.

13 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

This is the worst list I've ever seen. Are you going SOLELY based off Week 1? Well, you must be if Matt Ryan is #31...

If we are going by just Week 1, Rodgers should be #1, Brady should be #5, Carr should be #28 or so. Even if we are going by Week 1 PLUS body of work, Rodgers should still be #1, Brady should be #2, Carr should be around #13, and Matt Ryan should be around #9.

Oh ofcourse. On this forum, if a QB has 1 good week he is automatically a top-10 QB. Until the next if he has a bad game.....he's one of the worst.

9 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

Woof...

So much context is missing from this still image. But that's typical media garbage fishing for clicks and retweets.

What you're NOT seeing is at this particular second Mitch was just starting to set his feet. Had he have thrown that pass at this second...it would've been an off balanced throw and very inaccurate. 

Also, what this image does NOT show is the fact that Burton never sat in the zone....he kept going and by the time Tru got his feet set....he was out of position.

2 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

So much context is missing from this still image. But that's typical media garbage fishing for clicks and retweets.

What you're NOT seeing is at this particular second Mitch was just starting to set his feet. Had he have thrown that pass at this second...it would've been an off balanced throw and very inaccurate. 

Also, what this image does NOT show is the fact that Burton never sat in the zone....he kept going and by the time Tru got his feet set....he was out of position.

I posted the gif version in NFL Gen.  And you're wrong.  Trubisky just sucks at going through his progressions:

8 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

I posted the gif version in NFL Gen.  And you're wrong.  Trubisky just sucks at going through his progressions:

Gotcha. I was looking at the play from the televised version. But  FYI, this is not a progression issue.....it's a confidence and pressure issue - which is his biggest problem right now. He doesn't handle pressure plays very well and freezes. His confidence was shot after the play just before this one where he missed an open Robinson in the end zone. 

He saw him because he looked right at him and "sucks at progressions" would imply that he never did.

2 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Gotcha. I was looking at the play from the televised version. But  FYI, this is not a progression issue.....it's a confidence and pressure issue - which is his biggest problem right now. He doesn't handle pressure plays very well and freezes. His confidence was shot after the play just before this one where he missed an open Robinson in the end zone. 

He saw him because he looked right at him and "sucks at progressions" would imply that he never did.

You're probably right.  Either way it was terrible.  He has the arm strength to make that throw...

4 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

Maybe.  Either way it was terrible...

Agreed. He has alot of work to do and ALOT money already spent to build around him. if he fails....us Bears fans are going to be set back for another 5+ years.

Now excuse me while I get a beer and think on that thought....

14 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I agree. Although I don't think he ever looked at Burton. He looked at two other players on the right. The one in front of Burton, and the right flat. Regardless, the tweet is incorrect. Trubisky did make 3 reads here. Unfortunately Burton was probably the 4th.. although a good QB would of saw Burton with vision/awareness but Trubisky is not there yet.

Archived