? Week 2: Eagles (1-0) @ Bucs (1-0)

Lil' Shorty

Fitz doesn’t have to be Fitzmagic for us to win this game. He needs to protect the football and our defense needs to get a few more stops than they did in New Orleans last week and we’ll be in the game.

Doug Pederson will have his way with our defense if Mike Smith doesn’t make serious adjustments, Nick Foles or not. Lots of respect for him as a coach. 

After one week our strength is our offense and the Eagles strength is their defense. I believe that the Eagles offense is better than our defense so they have the edge, aside from the fact that they are the reigning Super Bowl Champs. 

I think we’ll be in this game but hopefully we have a little more magic to pull out another dub. 

Fitzmagic ran the ball 12 times (3 kneeldowns).  He is not going to survive very long exposing himself to that type of punishment.  Eagles pass rush is very good, I would be surprised to see a lot of man coverage from their defense.  I expect the Eagles to see if Fitzmagic can move the ball methodically.  If they keep their safeties back, Barber has to have a good game.  

On defense, I have no idea what Smith is trying to accomplish.  The Bucs need to win the turnover battle to give them a chance to win.

Our back up vs their back up QB...

It all comes down to scheme defensively. Their receivers dont scare me one bit but Pederson is a great offensive mind. I’m foreseeing some broken coverages and easy scores. Smith gets outcoahed in the one and we lose by 7-10.

Eagles DL vs our OL is going be a tough matchup. Interested to see how they play us Sunday. Don’t think Barber is going to have a good game.

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

Fitzmagic ran the ball 12 times (3 kneeldowns).  He is not going to survive very long exposing himself to that type of punishment.  Eagles pass rush is very good, I would be surprised to see a lot of man coverage from their defense.  I expect the Eagles to see if Fitzmagic can move the ball methodically.  If they keep their safeties back, Barber has to have a good game.  

On defense, I have no idea what Smith is trying to accomplish.  The Bucs need to win the turnover battle to give them a chance to win.

I agree on all that about Fitz. The TD run was great and everything, but definitely can't keep taking hits like that. Especially when he's throwing the ball as well as he did, and, the run game seems to be just fine. I don't want to see any more than 3-4 runs a game from him. 

Eagles have 3 extra days of rest coming into this, but at least it's at home. I would like to know how the injury report ends up by the end of the week before making any predictions though. But definitely a lot more optimistic about this game than before last Sunday.

Well at least we are not facing Brees and Kamara this week.

For the record, Alvin Kamara may be the biggest offensive threat in the NFL. Ya I know we got guys like Laveon Bell, Zeke, Gurley, etc etc in the league, but holy crap I have never seen a back who is as big of a threat as a receiver as he is a runner. Guys like Sproles comes to mind sure, but Alvin Kamara is just on another level. So again, we at least are not facing Brees and Kamara this week.

However I think our defense is major trash. Sorry to put it so harsh but even with the new D-line improvements, I think we were better last year. David seems to have lost a step. I am hoping its just one game but he honestly looked like an average LB out there last Sunday. I hope it was just the one game. We will see.

On the flipside, we are also not going to be facing a soft defense like we did in New Orleans. The Eagles defense is very good up front and will test us all day.

During our game against the Saints, one of the female announcers who interviewed Koetter quoted him saying "with Monken calling the plays, I can focus a lot more on personnel and etc etc"...........he was pretty much saying he now can focus on many more things since he does not have to call plays anymore. As Koetter said it "I don't have to have my head buried in the tablet after every single drive". Well if he seriously knows whats good for him, he needs to focus hard on the defense. Again, that defense I saw on Sunday was major trash. I get we had 2 CB's out for that game but man that was terrible. I hope we can improve.

6 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

50/50 chance Wentz plays. We'll know tomorrow.

I think Wentz will be shut down for a few weeks. Dude is their franchise and I don’t think he’s quite right yet and Foles is doing fine. Against Mike Smith I think Foles will look like the Supe Bowl MVP again. But hey, maybe Fitzmagic comes back for an encore.

6 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

I think Wentz will be shut down for a few weeks. Dude is their franchise and I don’t think he’s quite right yet and Foles is doing fine. Against Mike Smith I think Foles will look like the Supe Bowl MVP again. But hey, maybe Fitzmagic comes back for an encore.

The doctor that did the surgery said he should sit out a while.

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

The doctor that did the surgery said he should sit out a while.

He looked to be favoring his knee in warm ups against the Falcons. Eagles would be wise not to rush him back and have another ACL injury. You’ll ruin the guys career if you do that.

Archived