? Week 2: Eagles (1-0) @ Bucs (1-0)

Lil' Shorty

16 minutes ago, xlfrosti said:

Surprising to me so far is that Cameron Brate has 0 catches in 2 games.

Since watching both games I have not seen him anywhere on the field. As of right now, he is a non-factor which is crazy to think about with the contract we gave him this offseason. 

Potential trade bait. 

13 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

IMO, not till the off-season.  If they feel good about Auclair and what s on the practice squad, I can see it happening.

Give us a late second/ mid third rounder for Brate. Love the guy but Howard is unreal. And that’s just too much money to pay a back up TE. 

15 minutes ago, indifference said:

Give us a late second/ mid third rounder for Brate. Love the guy but Howard is unreal. And that’s just too much money to pay a back up TE. 

He s got value no doubt.  With the make or break season for the entire regime, I don't see any moves by the trade deadline.  Howard is just at another level of athleticism almost all TEs in the league.  3 WR set with Howard at TE is just on fire right now.  The silly part is both Howard and Godwin aren't finished growing to their potential.

1 hour ago, xlfrosti said:

Surprising to me so far is that Cameron Brate has 0 catches in 2 games.

Since watching both games I have not seen him anywhere on the field. As of right now, he is a non-factor which is crazy to think about with the contract we gave him this offseason. 

With our offense being as explosive as it's been, we haven't really run that many plays. But of those plays, Brate's only been on the field for like 30 of them. Which is about 25%.

No need to deal him yet. If Howard goes down, we'd be effed. We can afford his salary. But dealing him in the offseason for a third would be a good way to free up some cap space for Kwon, D Smith, and Marpet to get paid.

4 hours ago, ravishingone said:

He s got value no doubt.  With the make or break season for the entire regime, I don't see any moves by the trade deadline.  Howard is just at another level of athleticism almost all TEs in the league.  3 WR set with Howard at TE is just on fire right now.  The silly part is both Howard and Godwin aren't finished growing to their potential.

I agree, I think we hold onto him for a little while longer but could see him getting shopped to teams like San Diego.  In all honesty I think he would be a perfect compliment to Gronk and NE knows how to run the 2 TE sets better than most.

I just watched a clip of the game yesterday and man Nassib is better than I thought. Dude flat out bum rushed Lance Johnson into Foles yesterday and almost had a sack. He doesn’t have that extra gear to finish plays off but he will be in position to create winning plays for the defense.

Gholston got dominated against the run on double teams. Need Vea in there asap.

8 minutes ago, indifference said:

I just watched a clip of the game yesterday and man Nassib is better than I thought. Dude flat out bum rushed Lance Johnson into Foles yesterday and almost had a sack. He doesn’t have that extra gear to finish plays off but he will be in position to create winning plays for the defense.

Gholston inside is bad news.  He is an ideal 5 technique in a 3-4.   The line as a unit is rushing together more, which is avoiding the gaping holes to step up or the edge left open for an easy escape

McCoy's sack was on a stunt, wasn't it? I don't think we've had that happen since Smitty took over. Usually when we run stunts the QB knows he'll be able to step up in the pocket without any pressure.

Our dline looked like they were on the same page throughout the game. I think we hit Foles a dozen times or more. Which would've been like once every four or five times he dropped back.

1 hour ago, indifference said:

This one?

10 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

McCoy's sack was on a stunt, wasn't it? I don't think we've had that happen since Smitty took over. Usually when we run stunts the QB knows he'll be able to step up in the pocket without any pressure.

Our dline looked like they were on the same page throughout the game. I think we hit Foles a dozen times or more. Which would've been like once every four or five times he dropped back.

10 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

This one?

Yea Nassib also had a hit on the QB I think on that TD pass to Agholor.     And yes McCoy's sack came on a stunt...  Someone on the left side rushed inside and McCoy looped around.  Want to say it was Curry.

Archived