? Week 2: Eagles (1-0) @ Bucs (1-0)

Lil' Shorty

7 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

The middle is gonna be wide open. Like it always is.

I m still trying to figure out how Michael Thomas caught 16 out of 17, the one he dropped.  Kamara catches 9 balls.  So they 're giving up in front of the LBs and over the top of them also?  Granted, not all the catches were in zone coverage.  I can't believe the talent has been that bad for this long,  Are they too predictable film?  Without creating turnovers, this team for the third year under Mike Smith is having trouble getting off the field.

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

I m still trying to figure out how Michael Thomas caught 16 out of 17, the one he dropped.  Kamara catches 9 balls.  So they 're giving up in front of the LBs and over the top of them also?  Granted, not all the catches were in zone coverage.  I can't believe the talent has been that bad for this long,  Are they too predictable film?  Without creating turnovers, this team for the third year under Mike Smith is having trouble getting off the field.

Lavonte was covering Thomas on at least two of those catches. For whatever reason. Probably more than that.

2 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Alexander is pretty bad in coverage. Until we get a MLB with zone coverage ability that will continue to happen. In addition, LVD was matched up on Michael Thomas and Kamara for most of the day. That is on Alexander to audible OUT of our coverages. Especially if they are not favorable. I rarely see our MLB check us out of plays. Im starting to think Smith may not be the issue out all. David needs to be making the checks.

Sorry I couldn't be on for week 1.  I missed the game as well.  Tried to enjoy 1 of my 2 days at the beach before I had to evacuate bc of the the hurricane.  

So it appears we will have no starting CB, possibly down our best DE, possibly down our number 2 WR, playing with our backup QB....

Wow we won week 1 and might have an actual chance in week 2.  You couldn't ask for a better chance for the first two weeks.  Just need to actually capitalize on these opportunities and put the team in a great place for when Winston comes back. 

2 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

Sorry I couldn't be on for week 1.  I missed the game as well.  Tried to enjoy 1 of my 2 days at the beach before I had to evacuate bc of the the hurricane. 

FF >>>> the beach

Get your **** together. You better have perfect attendance for the rest of the season.

For whatever reason the Mike Smith defense tends to play better at home.  Not sure why because there really hasn't been a home field advantage.  Philly is going to go to the TEs a lot, if Conte is left to play man, yikes.  Maybe Whitehead gets in this game, or they go 3 safeties in certain packages.

3 hours ago, ravishingone said:

For whatever reason the Mike Smith defense tends to play better at home.  Not sure why because there really hasn't been a home field advantage.  Philly is going to go to the TEs a lot, if Conte is left to play man, yikes.  Maybe Whitehead gets in this game, or they go 3 safeties in certain packages.

I noticed a lot of miscommunications where corners let receivers run free over the middle and the lb or safety was in man. Who’s error is it? I’m not sure but I noticed it with Carlton Davis a lot. And Ryan smith where they picked up the wrong man on pick plays or that’s touch down to mike thomas Ryan smith took one guy and let his outside man go and there was no one in center field to make the play. 

Its mikes smiths third year but we have new guys in the secondary. I’m going to give it a month to clean up the mental errors Bc in today’s nfl rookies don’t get the time to gel. 

I just see  a lot of 2 high safeties from the Eagles to start the game.  Fitz played a great game, but there was an usually high amount of big plays.  Over 400 yrs passing on 28 attempts is hard to accomplish.  Barber is going to have to get off to a good start with only 7 in the box.  

Archived