What if Mitch is not the guy?

WindyCity

15 hours ago, Sugashane said:

God I feel like every other Bears fan is on suicide watch when they watch Tru have an incomplete pass or any other young QB complete one.

And it's so helpful to ***** constantly about it.   And fun to listen to.  2 games into what they have been repeatedly told is very early in a long process.

I would bet any amount of money Mahomes has a bad game sometime soon.  Watson did.  Darnold just did.  Baker will.   They might all end up being great players, but so what?  It's spilt milk.  They aren't on this team and they aren't going to be on this team anytime soon.   Maybe the plain girl in pig tails and glasses isn't that bad if you give her half a chance and just wait a little while.   

I love how people only point to success of moment too.  I was also told Kizer and Cardale Jones were truly best QB prospects of their class, the most pro style potential. 

Calm the fudge down and let them develop the QB you have with support.   Maybe it works out, maybe it doesn't.  The bitching doesn't aid things.  

I said when they drafted Mitch I hate this freakin fan base and its stupid media when it comes to developing young QBs.   After Goffs first season of awful play and how mentally stupid he looked on Hard Knocks fans and media in Chicago would have run him out of town before new staff arrived.  They deny it, but they would have been screaming bust.  They would have played stupid stuff he said on hard knocks on an endless loop.  A new veteran would have been brought in to calm things.  

My fear is all the negativity and jealousy over this guy or that guy creeps into MT's head and retards his development.  

8 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

And it's so helpful to ***** constantly about it.   And fun to listen to.  2 games into what they have been repeatedly told is very early in a long process.

I would bet any amount of money Mahomes has a bad game sometime soon.  Watson did.  Darnold just did.  Baker will.   They might all end up being great players, but so what?  It's spilt milk.  They aren't on this team and they aren't going to be on this team anytime soon.   Maybe the plain girl in pig tails and glasses isn't that bad if you give her half a chance and just wait a little while.   

I love how people only point to success of moment too.  I was also told Kizer and Cardale Jones were truly best QB prospects of their class, the most pro style potential. 

Calm the fudge down and let them develop the QB you have with support.   Maybe it works out, maybe it doesn't.  The bitching doesn't aid things.  

I said when they drafted Mitch I hate this freakin fan base and its stupid media when it comes to developing young QBs.   After Goffs first season of awful play and how mentally stupid he looked on Hard Knocks fans and media in Chicago would have run him out of town before new staff arrived.  They deny it, but they would have been screaming bust.  They would have played stupid stuff he said on hard knocks on an endless loop.  A new veteran would have been brought in to calm things.  

My fear is all the negativity and jealousy over this guy or that guy creeps into MT's head and retards his development. 

Don't get me started on that, man.  @G08 already mentioned my risk of an aneurysm. lol If I knew what I knew now I would still pick White at 7 before Jones there. Had plenty of comments between me and Damike over that d-bag. I still stand that Tebow is/was a better QB than Jones ever will be too.

I get the frustration of the fanbase - seeing 2 HoF players go to a franchise that was terrible for over 20 years prior to Favre/White going there. That sucks. But Angelo thought Grossman/Benson was better than Rodgers/Thomas Jones. I was heartbroken to see us pass on Rodgers and then see him fall right to GB. (Admittedly I thought Thomas was cool AF because he had some serious guns xD) Damn near quit being a Bears fan because of it. But people just need to STFU and turn down their emotions, then look at this logically and objectively. We have raw talent at QB, and a QB centric staff to mold him. Let them work a little before setting the noose, ok fanbase. hahaha

1 hour ago, abstract_thought said:

To be fair, it's unlikely that Rodgers would have developed into a HOF level QB with the Bears.

Agreed. I almost feel like I know it as a fact if Aaron Rodgers was drafted by the Bears he'd be a mid-level QB at best.

1 hour ago, G08 said:

Agreed. I almost feel like I know it as a fact if Aaron Rodgers was drafted by the Bears he'd be a mid-level QB at best.

I disagree actually. His stats wouldn't be AS impressive but he was already really advanced and developed in college, and with Lovie's defense he wouldn't be called to score 30 and win a shootout. We win the Super Bowl vs the Colts easily, have a 3-4 year window of dominance where we challenge for the Super Bowl each year, and even if he is a tier down from where he really is now he gets put into HOF consideration off those accolades as well. He would have been damn scary with Forte, Olsen, Moose, Berrian, Knox, Hester, etc. Thencan you imaging if we still somehow had Marshall/Jeffery/Bennett and Forte? Granted, with Rodgers Lovie likely is still the Bears' coach, and Angelo still derping through the draft. Maybe he gets a good run like he did when he built the early-mid 2000s Bears. IDK. But the Bears/Packers rivalry would be far more in our favor than in GBs this century.

Oddly enough there is a solid chance that had we drafted Rodgers , that Cutler goes to a much better place and ascends to a high end starter. Angelo double-screwed Cutty...

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

I disagree actually. His stats wouldn't be AS impressive but he was already really advanced and developed in college, and with Lovie's defense he wouldn't be called to score 30 and win a shootout. We win the Super Bowl vs the Colts easily, have a 3-4 year window of dominance where we challenge for the Super Bowl each year, and even if he is a tier down from where he really is now he gets put into HOF consideration off those accolades as well. He would have been damn scary with Forte, Olsen, Moose, Berrian, Knox, Hester, etc. Thencan you imaging if we still somehow had Marshall/Jeffery/Bennett and Forte? Granted, with Rodgers Lovie likely is still the Bears' coach, and Angelo still derping through the draft. Maybe he gets a good run like he did when he built the early-mid 2000s Bears. IDK. But the Bears/Packers rivalry would be far more in our favor than in GBs this century.

Oddly enough there is a solid chance that had we drafted Rodgers , that Cutler goes to a much better place and ascends to a high end starter. Angelo double-screwed Cutty...

Ron Turner would have been his OC man...

6 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Yes, but only before he was still tossed aside. Bad coords get fired even if they have talented players. Even Rodgers couldn't have salvaged that tool's job.

I heard Turner on Waddle and Silvy the other day, he basically said he was fired because Cutler wanted him out. 

2 hours ago, G08 said:

I heard Turner on Waddle and Silvy the other day, he basically said he was fired because Cutler wanted him out. 

That's ridiculous. Years of mediocrity is what got him fired. Cutler had nothing to do it. He was garbage before Cutler and his firing was loooong over do.

35 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

That's ridiculous. Years of mediocrity is what got him fired. Cutler had nothing to do it. He was garbage before Cutler and his firing was loooong over do.

Oh I don't disagree at all, I'm just going off what he said. Sounds like after the one year he was like "get this dude out of here". He claims Cutler wanted "his own guy" but he didn't become available (Bates?). Settled for Martz who, for all his detractors, called one of the best offensive games I've seen as a Bears fan (vs the Chargers in 2011). Final drive was something like 8+ minutes and Cutler did it with a broken thumb on his throwing hand. 

Archived