What if Mitch is not the guy?

WindyCity

26 minutes ago, dafreak said:

I want to see a similar article with Mitch featured. Come on! And dont be an apologist, its go time!

Mayfield’s pro debut was one to be remembered, as the Oklahoma product immediately energized a lethargic Cleveland offense with his presence. Playing in front of a national TV audience on Thursday Night Football, the 23-year-old quarterback dissected the New York Jets defense to the tune of 201 yards on 17-of-23 passing.

How would you see a similar article? Mayfield entered a game off of the bench and beat a crappy team by playing well. There are next to no similarities. He has a similar situation last yead and almost beat Minnesota at home in primetime. You’re really trying for storylines now huh?

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

How would you see a similar article? Mayfield entered a game off of the bench and beat a crappy team by playing well. There are next to no similarities. He has a similar situation last yead and almost beat Minnesota at home in primetime. You’re really trying for storylines now huh?

Come on, really? We all would love the media to be gushing over Mitch doing anything close to what Mayfield did, or Mahomes, or Watson or...... if you say otherwise you are full of you know what....

11 hours ago, dafreak said:

Come on, really? We all would love the media to be gushing over Mitch doing anything close to what Mayfield did, or Mahomes, or Watson or...... if you say otherwise you are full of you know what....

Watson is 0-3, Mitch is 2-1 (should be 3-0) both have stellar Ds  .. No one is gushing over Goff and he'll likely be a SB champ in a few months, barring a rash of injuries .. Mahomes may be the 2nd coming or may come crashing down , WAY too early !!

MT has every bit the skill set of Russell Wilson (with or without Wilson's clitchness, we'll see) .. all we need is for Mitch to be Kaepernick or Alex Smith, both could win SBs and Mitch will be better than both ! Whats more, if MTs ceiling is not gush worthy, but solid, it means that his next contract won't consume so much of the cap ! Tru is solid, durable and has plenty of ceiling to become a champ 

20 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

Watson is 0-3, Mitch is 2-1 (should be 3-0) both have stellar Ds  .. No one is gushing over Goff and he'll likely be a SB champ in a few months, barring a rash of injuries .. Mahomes may be the 2nd coming or may come crashing down , WAY too early !!

MT has every bit the skill set of Russell Wilson (with or without Wilson's clitchness, we'll see) .. all we need is for Mitch to be Kaepernick or Alex Smith, both could win SBs and Mitch will be better than both ! Whats more, if MTs ceiling is not gush worthy, but solid, it means that his next contract won't consume so much of the cap ! Tru is solid, durable and has plenty of ceiling to become a champ 

Nah, if you're mediocre through 15 games, you have no chance to be good. You didn't hear? Peyton Manning went on to suck, Brees never improved, Cousins stinks, Eli never won any championships, and Alex Smith's accuracy never came around.

1 hour ago, Bearsfancro said:

Does anyone has info how many 3 and out has Bears Offense?

For all the critiques they have had about the offense, and like Nagy said it doesn't take a genius to see defense is winning the games, the Bears have 59 first downs to their opponents 46.

56 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

They're moving it. They just aren't scoring it.

This may be because they're struggling to get big plays out of the passing game. They have one of the lowest team YPA in the league. So far Nagy's been able to scheme long drives, but it's tough to score in bunches when you don't threaten explosive plays.

28 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

This may be because they're struggling to get big plays out of the passing game. They have one of the lowest team YPA in the league. So far Nagy's been able to scheme long drives, but it's tough to score in bunches when you don't threaten explosive plays.

You got it.

On 9/24/2018 at 10:57 PM, Superman(DH23) said:

Then you are thinking very wrong.  Let's ignore the development side of it and the fact everybody is tied to 10.  If 10 isn't starting next year, how are you replacing him?  There are no picks before the 3rd, so it's not happening in the draft.  The only way you can afford to pay everybody they way you are is by starting a qb  on a rookie deal, so a vet aint happening either.  Tru is the QB until 2020 barring injury.

Then we'll have to agree to disagree. I don't think there's any way that if he plays in week 17 (or beyond) the way he played last Sunday that he has a hold on the starting job next year. Luckily...I think he improves, and renders the debate moot.

19 hours ago, dafreak said:

I want to see a similar article with Mitch featured. Come on! And dont be an apologist, its go time!

Are you even bothering to read the thread? 

3 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Then we'll have to agree to disagree. I don't think there's any way that if he plays in week 17 (or beyond) the way he played last Sunday that he has a hold on the starting job next year. Luckily...I think he improves, and renders the debate moot.

Are you even bothering to read the thread? 

I too think hes going to improve.  But you didnt answer my question.  How are you going to replace him without either high picks or cash for a vet?

Archived