What if Mitch is not the guy?

WindyCity

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

This thread is a monument to the impatience of Bears fans when it comes to QB development.  

Next bad game, and there will be one, angst will return. 

Leave me out of this guy; I literally cried "doom" in the GB thread and then came in here for perspective.  I still stand by my moratorium on assessing Mitch until the next GB game,  then we'll have at least an arrow on Mitch.  So far I've seen someone looking limited and then someone looking crisp and in control, expect to see a lot more of both this season.

23 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

Leave me out of this guy; I literally cried "doom" in the GB thread and then came in here for perspective.  I still stand by my moratorium on assessing Mitch until the next GB game,  then we'll have at least an arrow on Mitch.  So far I've seen someone looking limited and then someone looking crisp and in control, expect to see a lot more of both this season.

Yeah because if he’s 18-30 with 187 yards and 2 turnovers in that game, he forever sucks and should be immediately relegated to the bench.

On 10/3/2018 at 7:47 PM, RunningVaccs said:

I'm legit confused. Why is the next, or for that matter any,  Green Bay game a decisive measuring stick? 

2 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

I'm legit confused. Why is the next, or for that matter any,  Green Bay game a decisive measuring stick? 

I was upset after game 1, and felt myself slipping into Meathead mode, so I gave myself a hard limit of waiting until game 14 before making any conclusions about Mitch. GB was irrelevant, I just wanted to wait until later in the season when the bears might theoretically be trying for playoffs, to worry about Mitch

It's really helped me enjoy the season so far. 

17 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

I was upset after game 1, and felt myself slipping into Meathead mode, so I gave myself a hard limit of waiting until game 14 before making any conclusions about Mitch. GB was irrelevant, I just wanted to wait until later in the season when the bears might theoretically be trying for playoffs, to worry about Mitch

It's really helped me enjoy the season so far. 

I worry about Mitch all the time, but it's a hopeful kind of concern--rooting for the kid.

I always keep the bigger picture in mind, and that is that we finally have a GM that drafted a legit young QB prospect high in the draft. That hasn't happened in over thirty years. I'm praying it works out, but the mere fact it was attempted makes me happy. 

I was screaming like an idiot on a train in Berlin when Mitch threw his first TD... lost signal until we got to our airbnb and then I find out he's thrown 3 TDs. OF COURSE he shatters a record standing since 1949 when I'm in ******* Europe xD

Watched the highlights 328974324 times and then the game 3 times when I got home... kid looked comfortable and confident -- deadly combination. Defenses will adjust and he will have a few more hiccups (I'm assuming). Hopefully fans realize this is not a linear process.

Stats comparison through 5 games - Tru vs the GOAT

Year...........Team.......................G.....Att.....Comp.....Pct.....Att/G.....Yds......Avg.....Yds/G.....TD.....TD%.....Int.....Int%.....Lng.....20+.....40+.....Sck.....SckY.....Rate

2018...Chicago Bears...............5.....161....113......70.2.....32.2.....1,261.....7.8......252.2......11......6.8........4......2.5........54......17.........4.........12.......80......105.6

2018...New England Patriots...5.....179....121......67.6.....35.8.....1,259.....7.0.......251.8.....12......6.7........6......3.4........55T.....12........1..........6........37.......96.1

Of course Tom hasn't been dominant like usual, but he is a cerebral first ballot HOF who has been in McDaniel's system (or a slight variant of) for most of his career. Tru has had some seriously rough stretches and is a puppy on the mental side compared to Tom, but damn it he is showing he belongs in the NFL and could be the franchise's face for the next 13 years.

Archived