What if Mitch is not the guy?

WindyCity

Just now, malak1 said:

We really do though. Pace has tied his job to this kid and Nagy. So for better or worse, we’re stuck with Trubisky. 

I get that. I was just throwing a little jab in is all. It wasn't meant to be taken too serious. 

But again, it was the same mistakes that we have seen from him. 

this was not a good showing for him, not nearly what I was hoping.  Hopefully its the nerves of primetime and its something he can grow out of, but he was far from impressive.  He's gotta work on keeping his feet set and not focus on the main read for so long.  Next week is a much stronger secondary, so it'll be a good challenge for Trubisky, though the offense from AZ is incredibly inept, hopefully he can hold his own.  Still far from the end of Trubisky's development, this was only game 2 in this offensive scheme and he now has played more games in the NFL than he did in college, which is insane to think about.  Lots of football to be played.

1 minute ago, TankWilliams said:

this was not a good showing for him, not nearly what I was hoping.  Hopefully its the nerves of primetime and its something he can grow out of, but he was far from impressive.  He's gotta work on keeping his feet set and not focus on the main read for so long.  Next weak is a much stronger secondary, so it'll be a good challenge for Trubisky, though the offense from AZ is incredibly inept, hopefully he can hold his own.  Still far from the end of Trubisky's development, this was only game 2 in this offensive scheme and he now has played more games in the NFL than he did in college, which is insane to think about.  Lots of football to be played.

Good catch on the bolded Tank. That is nuts.

4 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Lots of good, lots of bad from MT today. The TD drive to get the second TD was awesome.

Exactly. He has serious flashes, but his inexperience is VERY evident. I'm surprised to see how often he is really throwing, even if Nagy has a lot of the plays revolving around quick timing based passes. He is completing about 70% of his passes, but that is pretty misleading due to the passing game not stretching the field at all.

I'm fine with it now, but if we are at week 10 and getting 5 ypa then I'm going to be disappointed.

10 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Exactly. He has serious flashes, but his inexperience is VERY evident. I'm surprised to see how often he is really throwing, even if Nagy has a lot of the plays revolving around quick timing based passes. He is completing about 70% of his passes, but that is pretty misleading due to the passing game not stretching the field at all.

I'm fine with it now, but if we are at week 10 and getting 5 ypa then I'm going to be disappointed.

Kind of off-topic but I pointed out in the 2nd or 3rd Q about Nagy abandoning the run game.

Now I get that Howard doesn't exactly fit his style of offense but it would have atleast helped take some pressure of Tru. 

Just now, JustAnotherFan said:

Kind of off-topic but I pointed out in the 2nd or 3rd Q about Nagy abandoning the run game.

Now I get that Howard doesn't exactly fit his style of offense but it would have atleast helped take some pressure of Tru. 

I don't like it. Nagy can't be all about speed, or we would have went all in on Watkins over Robinson IMO. He clearly has a different vision than what KC had, but something needs to give. Howard has the 3rd most rushing yards since entering the league, he has done that with zero passing game to speak of for all of last year and being the focal point of the offense both years. There is no excuse to fail to utilize him in the run game.

I am pretty content with his work in the passing game though.

51 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Good catch on the bolded Tank. That is nuts.

*As a starter* but ya still a crazy stat.

I don't think Mitch had a bad game. It wasn't great but he showed some flashes, and the TD pass to Miller was on point. 

A step in the right direction for sure.

Archived