What if Mitch is not the guy?

WindyCity

2 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I hate it when real life gets in the way of my sports viewing. ?‍♂️

As do I, which is why I ignore my real life. Wife doesn't like it I think, but I haven't given her enough attention to know for sure.

I never said I was a reasonable person. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So to catch you up, people here are happy for a week, half the non-Bear forum posters are flopping like a fish on Tru being a bust and now knew he was talented, Beardown is the only one allowed to make gameday threads and @Tyty had a successful date Saturday with a lady named Jonathan (pre-op). That's really about it.

The discussion around how bad the Tampa defense is and how that adds "context" to Trubisky's big game I wanted to look at whether context needs to be added to more performances. If we are going to come after Mitch for hanging a big number on the Bucs, then we need to look at Mahomes under the same light.

*adjusted is removal of the Chiefs or Bears game against those defenses so you have a neutral ranking

Mahomes

1. Chargers: 28th in points against, 30 ppg, adjusted 27 ppg
2. San Francisco: 27th in ppg, 29.5 ppg, adjusted 27 ppg
3. Pittsburgh: 26th in ppg, 29 ppg, 25 adjusted ppg
4. Denver: 17th in ppg, 24.2 ppg, 23 adjusted ppg

Mahomes has destroyed bad defenses in 3/4 games and the 4th game was against a mediocre defense.

6 hours ago, WindyCity said:

The discussion around how bad the Tampa defense is and how that adds "context" to Trubisky's big game I wanted to look at whether context needs to be added to more performances. If we are going to come after Mitch for hanging a big number on the Bucs, then we need to look at Mahomes under the same light.

*adjusted is removal of the Chiefs or Bears game against those defenses so you have a neutral ranking

Mahomes

1. Chargers: 28th in points against, 30 ppg, adjusted 27 ppg
2. San Francisco: 27th in ppg, 29.5 ppg, adjusted 27 ppg
3. Pittsburgh: 26th in ppg, 29 ppg, 25 adjusted ppg
4. Denver: 17th in ppg, 24.2 ppg, 23 adjusted ppg

Mahomes has destroyed bad defenses in 3/4 games and the 4th game was against a mediocre defense.

Doesn't matter who you are playing when Trubisky hangs up record numbers and any QB who hangs 6 TDs on ANY team in the NFL is doing something special.

It's not like Bama hanging 77 points on SE Arkansas School for the Blind.

One note, when you have Mahomes dropping 4 or 5 TDs a game on teams early in the season odds are that they will be listed towards the bottom of scoring and defensive statistics, but Pittsburgh and others have legit bad defenses and like college, Mahomes has a bad defense to overcome and MUST throw a lot to win. Trubisky doesn't so his effort was even more special.

I like to watch Mahomes, but have zero ****s given about him vs Trubisky.  So long as Trubisky turns out to be good we're in for some fun games. This defense is bat**** insane, and if we can put together a credible offense we're going to see the Bears able to win any game they play. 

Really wish the bye was later, as I'm so so eager to watch the Bears and Phins.   So so nervous about MT10.  As others have said, if he can play halfway like last week the Bears are gonna be good.  Just so happy to not be thinking about the draft after week 4. 

Archived