What if Mitch is not the guy?

WindyCity

2 hours ago, 51to54 said:

So is it that the Bears have no receivers or that Mitch can't read defenses?

Mitch has never thrown more than 1 TD in a game. Nagy is calling plays like he does not trust Trubisky, although he is calling plays above the Junior High level that Fox thought that Mitch could handle.

Discounting 3 tds in a 4 td game when our own QB has never thrown more than one in a game is the Bears' version of "other than that Mrs Lincoln, how did you like the play".

Not saying it's a done deal that Mitch is not an NFL QB, but first Fox and now Nagy are treating him like a QB with Trump's reading ability.

Neither, Mitch just sucked that game and has trouble reading the field in this offense. He looks very inexperienced. My only point is that Mahomes has zero tape on him right now. Let's see how he looks at the end of the season when teams know what his tendencies are. Early success at the QB position is not a guarantee of future success. Look at  Dak P. He looks lost out there now. 

1 hour ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Strawman, but not the same thing either. 

Alex Smith had issues with physical mechanics.....not mental. Not too mention how long it took him to finally become an average QB. Mitch won't have that much time. 

You clearly did not watch Alex Smith early in his career.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

You clearly did not watch Alex Smith early in his career.

Ahh, the good ol "you didn't watch him play". Great argument. If only I had a dollar....

Please enlighten me about these mental issues you claim he had becasue he was widely regarded as one of the smartest QB's in his class coming out of college. What stopped him was a combination of his own limited abilities(aka physical mechanics) and having to try and learn from 5 different coordinators in his first 5 years in the league while also dealing with injuries. 

But go ahead and compare him to Trubisky.

Just now, JustAnotherFan said:

Ahh, the good ol "you didn't watch him play". Great argument. If only I had a dollar....

Please enlighten me about these mental issues you claim he had becasue he was widely regarded as one of the smartest QB's in his class coming out of college. What stopped him was a combination of his own limited abilities(aka physical mechanics) and having to try to learn from 5 different coordinators in his first 5 years in the league while also dealing with injuries. 

It's a just comment in this situation...Smith looked like a scared little boy in his first few seasons in the NFL...he had very little to no pocket presence or internal clock and if he started getting down in a game he wasn't coming back...lacked toughness all round. 

All in all. Like I said earlier in the thread I'm chalking this one up as nervousness and whatnot on prime time television. Mitch knows there is alot of high expectations from fans and this franchise is relying on him and that's alot of pressure for an inexperienced QB who is basically still a rookie.

Playing at home with eight days "off" and another week in practice can do him and Nagy alot of good and hopefully get the ship sailing in the right direction.

3 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

I hope he's the guy. Just ordered our traditional navy/orange/white jersey (Trubisky) and orange jersey (Mack) for a reeeeallly good price. Will post pictures when they arrive.

Ugh, I hope it’s not those $35 or whatever Chinese knockoffs

5 hours ago, 51to54 said:

So is it that the Bears have no receivers or that Mitch can't read defenses?

Mitch has never thrown more than 1 TD in a game. Nagy is calling plays like he does not trust Trubisky, although he is calling plays above the Junior High level that Fox thought that Mitch could handle.

Discounting 3 tds in a 4 td game when our own QB has never thrown more than one in a game is the Bears' version of "other than that Mrs Lincoln, how did you like the play".

Not saying it's a done deal that Mitch is not an NFL QB, but first Fox and now Nagy are treating him like a QB with Trump's reading ability.

Then what are you saying? It seems like you are saying that.

36 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I don’t know if I can post where I got them or not. But they’re not NFL licensed. A friend of mine ordered a Bills jersey from this seller earlier in the offseason, and the quality was very good.

14 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Please enlighten me about these mental issues you claim he had becasue he was widely regarded as one of the smartest QB's in his class coming out of college. What stopped him was a combination of his own limited abilities(aka physical mechanics) and having to try and learn from 5 different coordinators in his first 5 years in the league while also dealing with injuries. 

Please enlighten us about the unfounded mental issue claims that you say Trubisky has.  What are you basing this off of, 1 game in an new offensive system or 12 games in an archaic offensive system with CFL talent wide receivers?

20 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

This thread reminds me how much Chicago is the city of overreactions. 

Boy is it ever.  I thought Chicago sports fans would know better after the fairly recent and successful rebuilds of both the Blackhawks and Cubs.

I guess when it comes to football everyone expects instant development. Considering the NFL has no minor league system to spurt the production of young talent it makes even less sense that people would expect faster results when it comes to player development, specifically when it comes to the development of a young QB like Mitch Trubisky with not much experience.  

And yes Trubisky will have time.  He will have this year and next year to get better before this team is forced with the decision of having to exercise his 5th year option.  If ya'll can't wait that long then I feel bad for yous.

Trubisky made some spectacular throws, placement wise, in the first half. What happened in the second can be chalked up to any number of things, including fiercer pressure. 

I think overreaction is even more uncalled for, in this case. Although I will concede the way he fell apart is concerning. 

On 9/13/2018 at 4:57 PM, beardown3231 said:

Something seems to be holding him back a bit and some of the articles I've read wonder about it too. Reading defenses is certainly a strong possibility.

I along with others on this board complained about Fox holding him back last year. One disturbing chill at the back of my neck last season was maybe Fox was only holding him back because he had to.

I usually discount first game results as nearly meaningless per predicting the outcome of a season (or player), but Trubisky sure didn't help the optimism any by taking four sacks and having a yards per attempt average below 5. The offense's opening decent drive in the second half was the end of the effective offense. Given Mack's historic start, he certainly didn't ride the Mack Mojo.

Mostly frustration with the offense's timid second half and therefore Trubisky's timid and largely ineffective second half.

Archived