What if Mitch is not the guy?

WindyCity

On 9/13/2018 at 8:59 AM, Nads786 said:

Did you watch the game? Tyrkree Hill basically gave Patrcik his 3 TDs. He had a good game but most of those throws were pre-defined reads.

Did you watch Mahomes today?

i assume he only threw 6 TDs today because it was old timers day at Pittsburg and they had 4 DBs from the 1970 era who were all over 60 years old and fat and slow although the one safety could really get his wheel chair to motor

Well, to not go too crazy the other way, Mahomes is playing lights out right now, but you still want to wait on a hot QB a bit before passing final judgement. Think  of Dak, who looked amazing and then leveled off a bit. Think of Carr.  Lots more examples of QB's starting well and then getting ****ty when the circumstances change;  defenses figure them out a bit, O Line loses a piece etc.

If Mahomes turns out to be the best QB in this class though, feel free to tell me never to have a football opinion again. I had my QB's Kizer, Watson, Trubisky/Mahomes...

This will sting if Mahomes and Watson have better careers, factoring in the draft capital Pace gave to move up one spot....Mitch is nowhere near either of those guys right now and while its early yet is not looking too great. Furthermore, it makes the Mack trade look like an act of desperation by Pace. He took the least NFL ready QB in the draft and now is going all in. Ugh.

10 minutes ago, dafreak said:

This will sting if Mahomes and Watson have better careers, factoring in the draft capital Pace gave to move up one spot....Mitch is nowhere near either of those guys right now and while its early yet is not looking too great. Furthermore, it makes the Mack trade look like an act of desperation by Pace. He took the least NFL ready QB in the draft and now is going all in. Ugh.

1) Watson was overrated last year and has been mediocre this year.

2) Mahomes is two starts in.

3) What “is not looking too great?” We’ve been over this at nauseum. He was average last year in an offense straight out of 1930 and he led the Bears down the field for a road win in Baltimore and almost a home win vs the Lions if it wasn’t for Barth. They were a Howard one yard run from beating Green Bay week 1. He didn’t turn the ball over in week 1. He’s played ~25 games since he was a high school senior. Relax.

4) The guy showed he’s ballsy by moving up to get his guy. It doesn’t seem like he was interested in Mahomes at all, and so refer back to #1 on Watson. If he stays at 3, he likely takes Solomon Thomas who stunk last year and isn’t even getting many snaps this year. A few teams passed on both QB’s, so it won’t be just the Bears regretting it.

5) Of course he’s all-in on Trubisky. Every GM who drafts a young QB is all-in with them. KC and Houston are the same way. Jets and Browns are the same way after the 2018 draft. If Mayfield and/or Darnold aren’t any good, the FO will get collectively fired. That’s the NFL.

6) Your wording makes me believe you didn’t like the Mack trade. The guy is a bonafide superstar, a complete gamewrecker and easily a top 2 defensive player in the game. You should be ecstatic that he’s a Bear.

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

1) Watson was overrated last year and has been mediocre this year.

2) Mahomes is two starts in.

3) The guy showed he’s ballsy by moving up to get his guy. A few teams passed on both QB’s.

4) Of course he’s all-in on Trubisky. Every GM who drafts a young QB is all-in with them. KC and Houston are the same way.

5) Your wording makes me believe you didn’t like the Mack trade. The guy is a bonafide superstar, a complete gamewrecker and easily a top 2 defensive player in the game. You should be ecstatic that he’s a Bear.

1) Agree, not a fan but so far he's outplayed Mitch

2) Mahomes is the real deal, he is going to be a super star

3) Ballsy or stupid, yet to be determined and I am a Pace fan. I think he has done a pretty good job but not sure he can judge QB talent.

4) He trade up, big difference

5) Love Mack and by all means you go get him and they did

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

Honestly what was so poor about Trubisky against the Packers? Not an attack an honest question.

Quick feet, poor pocket presence. Didnt get rid of the ball quick enough, to many check downs. He will learn more and much sooner if he trusts himself and goes for it.

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

Honestly what was so poor about Trubisky against the Packers? Not an attack an honest question.

For one I did say at the end of the game against the Packers. He looked terrible at the end of that game. Overthrowing receivers left and right. Playing very scared. You expect your franchise QB to do better when the game is on the line and it's all on him. He looked so lost and completely blew it. We needed 30ish yards iirc for a FG and were even gifted a new set of downs and managed to get what, like 10 yards total? Not good enough.

1 hour ago, RunningVaccs said:

Well, to not go too crazy the other way, Mahomes is playing lights out right now, but you still want to wait on a hot QB a bit before passing final judgement. Think  of Dak, who looked amazing and then leveled off a bit. Think of Carr.  Lots more examples of QB's starting well and then getting ****ty when the circumstances change;  defenses figure them out a bit, O Line loses a piece etc.

If Mahomes turns out to be the best QB in this class though, feel free to tell me never to have a football opinion again. I had my QB's Kizer, Watson, Trubisky/Mahomes...

McCown for us.

Mine was Tru - Mahomes - Watson - Kizer but said if a consistent system was in place I might put Mahomes higher than Tru. With Fox and Loggains I didn't want Mahomes at all.

1 hour ago, dafreak said:

1) Agree, not a fan but so far he's outplayed Mitch

2) Mahomes is the real deal, he is going to be a super star

3) Ballsy or stupid, yet to be determined and I am a Pace fan. I think he has done a pretty good job but not sure he can judge QB talent.

4) He trade up, big difference

5) Love Mack and by all means you go get him and they did

4) You do know Houston, NYJ and KC traded up for Watson, Darnold and Mahomes, right?

4 hours ago, 51to54 said:

Did you watch Mahomes today?

i assume he only threw 6 TDs today because it was old timers day at Pittsburg and they had 4 DBs from the 1970 era who were all over 60 years old and fat and slow although the one safety could really get his wheel chair to motor

No you’re right he was insane today.

Archived